Is GSP defying Reebok?

I always wonder why more high profile fighters don't do this. Isn't the fine they pay tiny compared to the amount the sponsor can pay them.

GSP could also wear his UA trunks under Reebok shorts and take them off right before the fight. Don't think UFC can interfere during the fight to make his put on shorts lol.
Hehe ur sneaky

Fight is only nov 4, i believe they are only required to wear reebok 1 week before fight at the fight week events and the fight itself, outside of that i think they can represent any sponsors they want

Yep. IIRC there was a story where maybe Mitrione had to cover up the logo on his sandals during his Wednesday open workout? I don't care enough to google it.

I'm thinking negotiations will soon begin to squander this shit of a deal...if they are not already underway.

I believe he equated himself to the NFL guy who wears official brand in games, but other brand elsewhere.

Totally serious. I didn't know about the fight week thing... I've never noticed an athlete wear other brands in official UFC videos and when I saw the socks in this one I got curious.

(Personally, I don't get the hate for Reebok as a brand. I can understand being upset with the sponsorship situation for taking money from the fighters, but all the Reebok clothes I've seen have been perfectly fine.)

Perfectly fine ? Reebok have fucked up countless times with fighter names, quality etc...garbage brand

But then again I'm sure it's better somewhat than the garbage that is massively produced in China where you are apparently from.

Perfectly fine ? Reebok have fucked up countless times with fighter names, quality etc...garbage brand

But then again I'm sure it's better somewhat than the garbage that is massively produced in China where you are apparently from.
Reebok is probably manufactured in China as well..

Where there actually Giblert Melendez shirts manufactured, wearable?

Damn, I just can't imagine it.

I mean, there are so many people involved in the process, making photos or whatever, no chance somebody wouldn't say:

"For fuck's sake guys, this damn shirt reads 'GIBLERT'"

I always wonder why more high profile fighters don't do this. Isn't the fine they pay tiny compared to the amount the sponsor can pay them.

GSP could also wear his UA trunks under Reebok shorts and take them off right before the fight. Don't think UFC can interfere during the fight to make his put on shorts lol.
Ohh he would get a hefty fine or they would interfere the match unless his pants ripped

So I was watching one of the promotional videos for Bisping v GSP and it looks like GSP is wearing Underarmour throughout. At least, I don't see a Reebok logo on him the way I do on Bisping.

I think those superhero rashguards GSP wears are from Underarmour. He for sure has socks from them. And I think I saw the word "armour" on the waistband of his shorts/swim trunks.

Does this mean that GSP negotiated an exemption for himself? Or is he just willing to pay the fine, like Cerrone?

GSP never signed up for the bullshit Reebok deal. He left before the UFC no-lube buttfucked the fighters (again).

Georges > UFC and reebok. That is all.

Fine? If they turn up in BadBoy gear they're not going into the Octagon. Nope.

I feel like I've notice it slip a little in fight week and embeddeds, fighters wearing something here and there. At the start Reebok where all over it but now not so much, maybe the backlash after fining Cowboy for a sliver of his old shorts on the inside of theirs made them reconsider.

I'm thinking negotiations will soon begin to squander this shit of a deal...if they are not already underway.
Reebok looks bad in the deal, the fighters get paid peanuts over the sponsorship money they used to make, but the UFC gets the lion share of the Reebok money ... so they will NOT squander this shitty deal as it ensures them a constant revenue stream, whereas taxing the fighters for wearing their own brand wasn’t making them the same amount of money.

If anyone squashes the deal it would be Reebok and with how lame their product is, they would look silly to pull out of the fastest growing sport in the world

Reebok looks bad in the deal, the fighters get paid peanuts over the sponsorship money they used to make, but the UFC gets the lion share of the Reebok money ... so they will NOT squander this shitty deal as it ensures them a constant revenue stream, whereas taxing the fighters for wearing their own brand wasn’t making them the same amount of money.

If anyone squashes the deal it would be Reebok and with how lame their product is, they would look silly to pull out of the fastest growing sport in the world
Ahhhh....thanks for shedding some light on that. Never knew the details....only that most fighters hated it. Sucks for them...

Back