Is GSP defying Reebok?

val_lixembeau

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So I was watching one of the promotional videos for Bisping v GSP and it looks like GSP is wearing Underarmour throughout. At least, I don't see a Reebok logo on him the way I do on Bisping.

I think those superhero rashguards GSP wears are from Underarmour. He for sure has socks from them. And I think I saw the word "armour" on the waistband of his shorts/swim trunks.

Does this mean that GSP negotiated an exemption for himself? Or is he just willing to pay the fine, like Cerrone?

Good for him , who gives a toss about Reebok ?

I'd love to see GSP come out wearing all Nike everything at UFC 217.

Is this a serious question?
Reebok gear is only required during fight week. It's not fight week. Too many people are so happy to just jump on the current bandwagon, they can't be bothered to actually understand what they're mad about.

Does the UFC really control what they wear to the build up of the fight ?.

I think it only matters what they wear during fight week.

Reebok gear is only required during fight week. It's not fight week. Too many people are so happy to just jump on the current bandwagon, they can't be bothered to actually understand what they're mad about.

Totally serious. I didn't know about the fight week thing... I've never noticed an athlete wear other brands in official UFC videos and when I saw the socks in this one I got curious.

(Personally, I don't get the hate for Reebok as a brand. I can understand being upset with the sponsorship situation for taking money from the fighters, but all the Reebok clothes I've seen have been perfectly fine.)

_0_HFD3gnlX_i8Bu3XROLx44DZPf7olM3ORYwHMADfKAdqAXkuVhdp3mhc_tbFGshF3Fnaa7cdYGrkJ7Ok9U-7xIpZPQliZJui-8JEY0G4Uis0uAPtlWa31NkSutcviNkA=w220-h268-nc

Wow, you're really mad about clothes...

I think the UFC Reebok partnership is ending.

Did anyone else notice how at UFC 216 all the fighter clothing switched back to having the UFC Octagon logo featured prominently on the front and the Reebok logo small and only on the back?

Fight is only nov 4, i believe they are only required to wear reebok 1 week before fight at the fight week events and the fight itself, outside of that i think they can represent any sponsors they want

GSP is the only ufc fighter Reebok is overpaying for.

So I was watching one of the promotional videos for Bisping v GSP and it looks like GSP is wearing Underarmour throughout. At least, I don't see a Reebok logo on him the way I do on Bisping.

I think those superhero rashguards GSP wears are from Underarmour. He for sure has socks from them. And I think I saw the word "armour" on the waistband of his shorts/swim trunks.

Does this mean that GSP negotiated an exemption for himself? Or is he just willing to pay the fine, like Cerrone?

the guys voice is retarded.....................lol

I always wonder why more high profile fighters don't do this. Isn't the fine they pay tiny compared to the amount the sponsor can pay them.

GSP could also wear his UA trunks under Reebok shorts and take them off right before the fight. Don't think UFC can interfere during the fight to make his put on shorts lol.

Back