is grappling best for self defence

i am from Pakistan and working in NGO, i want to learn Grappling/BJJ for my self defence, is grappling is good for women self defence.

Just out of curiosity, who teaches BJJ in Pakistan? Do you know what belt he is or who he trained under?

OP, the day after my first Judo lesson, my whole body ached as never before [unless you count what that lady from Wales did to me] so expect some aches and pains from grappling lessons. FYI I knew a man with black belts in Judo and Karate and he said he only ever used Judo in actual fights. Good luck with it.

Just out of curiosity, who teaches BJJ in Pakistan? Do you know what belt he is or who he trained under?

Doesn't Pakistan have it's own pro MMA league now too? So presumably there must be some grappling coaches around the country somewhere. Although the likelihood of women being allowed to train anywhere would be pretty low.

/Landed a lot of eye gouges in my life (even to my older brother) and dick shots to finish people. Along with knee cap shots, spinal strikes etc. It's about opportunities you see/create to finish people. I don't know, maybe being a smaller guy than most it's easier for me to get to these positions but i've never found them difficult to land.

you eye gouge and hit the groins to finish people? how do you finish someone lmfao they just go stop you won? ...dude I think the ninja in you is still very much alive, and you are somehow trying to justify any of the crap you trained..

a good groin shot could put someone down, a good eye gouge too, just like they could turn on you and start biting you...im calling it bs..

I do whatever it takes to get the guy off me or to incapacitate him. I don't care what by means, punch, kick, eye gouge, repeated groin attacks, knee cap or spinal strikes, soccer kicks, throws, stick etc. At the end of the day i'm going home in one piece and that's all i give a shit about.

you never want to grapple in the streetz because there's a 99% of heroin or HIV infected needs laying around or shattered glass in the streetz.

you also never want to take the fightz to the ground because his boys might always jump in there's a 99% chance a grappler will always be alone on the steetz with none of his boys.

I do whatever it takes to get the guy off me or to incapacitate him. I don't care what by means, punch, kick, eye gouge, repeated groin attacks, knee cap or spinal strikes, soccer kicks, throws, stick etc. At the end of the day i'm going home in one piece and that's all i give a shit about.

What do you do for a living? Or where do you live? Eye gouging people is probably a last resort move, why are you getting into death or live kind of fights all the. time?

I think you have to be a retard to get into a fist fight with someone on the street, it's rare that it's an unprovoked attack.

Read my sig.

Who said it's all the time? I get into maybe 1-2 a year since i was 20 and learned how to avoid or deescalate situations, i hate fighting outside of sport. But, for those situations that can't be avoided or deescalated...i don't agree with mercy. It takes a lot to goad me into one (you literally have to corner me or attack me, i wont fight over words thats petty).

I live in a shitty neighborhood in a city in Canada, it is highly impoverished and the cops are called into the neighborhood probably close to 10 times a week for arrest warrants or complaints of assault. Recently...they had half the neighborhood blocked off in case he escaped. This is probably a bi monthly occurrence here in my neighborhood.
http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015/09/08/incident-of-male-with-gun-ends-in-arrest-in-st-catharines

It's not uncommon when coming home late from school/work to be assaulted considering its loaded full of druggies, alcoholics, some H.A and stash houses (though these guys leave people alone who don't bother them), and wanabe Tamil tigers (whether myself, or others). The corner store i work at is the only one on my strip that hasn't been held up at knife or gun point, though i've had to call the cops on people for assaulting other customers, one of which had a lacrosse stick.
My ex gf even got punched in the face by a guy outside the pub because she accidentally knocked over his sub. She offered him 20$ and apologized over it and bammo (i have the pic of this also if you want to see the aftermath since we had to go to court).

I also recently had a schizo roommate which took 2 months to handle fully and depending on how you view it, can count as a home invasion, or domestic assault.

For those who are unfamiliar, Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo are my city's claim to fame. Our city has a lot of mental health issues.

Pushing losers up against the wall and having your way with them is the number one grappling self defense technique.

Last edited:
/Landed a lot of eye gouges in my life (even to my older brother) and dick shots to finish people. Along with knee cap shots, spinal strikes etc. It's about opportunities you see/create to finish people. I don't know, maybe being a smaller guy than most it's easier for me to get to these positions but i've never found them difficult to land.

You've ended fights with "spinal strikes"?

Please, tell me more.

[YT]zpi4vpMDkxY[/YT]

This guy knows whats up, spinal strikes are your #1 go to. Do a flying reverse elbow strike to the mid spine.

Also, learn basic knife defense and palm conditioning

Back