Is Goldberg The Best Wrestler Ever?

Looking at these two today really illustrates the benefit of getting out of the business quickly. They're only a couple years apart in age, and Steiner is barely holding it together, while Goldberg looks like he's got another solid title run left in him. 30 years grinding it out on the road has not been kind to big poppa pump.
giphy.gif

He owns three Shoney's!

scott-steiner-shoneys.png

Cf3qStZUYAAO6Hm.jpg:large

Big Nasty Bill didn’t like the business, couldn’t cut a promo and couldn’t even work. He still sold 45,000 tickets on ten days notice
nitrodome.gif

What was he good at?

In ring work? No where near the top.

Mic skills? This is laughable.

Being pushed and protected by WCW? Absolutely the best.

I enjoyed some of his matches, no doubt, but he buried so many people by being made to look like a monster.

Well how many times since has a wrestling company tried to imitate Goldberg?

He definitely had whatever it is all these other guys are lacking

He had the "IT" factor

Even now he comes back and gets a huge pop. That's staying power

What was he good at?

In ring work? No where near the top.

Mic skills? This is laughable.

Being pushed and protected by WCW? Absolutely the best.

I enjoyed some of his matches, no doubt, but he buried so many people by being made to look like a monster.

You could say this exact same thing about Roman Reigns but he can't hold a candle to Goldberg. Bill did have something special that he and WCW were able to exploit in the right way. As far as burying talent, that's the tough side of the business. Some guys are stars and some guys are enhancement talent, but it takes everybody to make the show work. I think the Rock said it best, "know your role." A lot of the talent he "buried" wouldn't have had a job at all if WCW wasn't making so much money at the time.

You could say this exact same thing about Roman Reigns but he can't hold a candle to Goldberg. Bill did have something special that he and WCW were able to exploit in the right way. As far as burying talent, that's the tough side of the business. Some guys are stars and some guys are enhancement talent, but it takes everybody to make the show work. I think the Rock said it best, "know your role." A lot of the talent he "buried" wouldn't have had a job at all if WCW wasn't making so much money at the time.

He had the "IT" factor

The push at the start was what made him the star. He got to walk out destroy whoever, then walk back out. No using the mic, no paying his dues, taking no bumps. Everyone going on and on about him being undefeated. He had absolutely no character. Granted he has built a decent public persona since being away from wrestling, but let's not pretend he was more than being an undefeatable monster.

He had the "IT" factor

Killer theme song helped

They could have done it w reigns back then. Its just that now "smart" fans know too much and boo reigns just cos they know the company wants him to be the guy

Bill had the Stone Cold look right from the start. I mean it was so obvious. Even the black trunks.

But instead of being able to work, cut a promo and tell a story, they took him the "ultimate warrior" route and had him squash everyone. That was his gimmick and all That was based off his size and strength. Bills not a good worker but he's fun to watch.

Back in the Monday night Wars era it was awesome switching back and forth between the WWF and WCW and seeing Goldberg spear like 4 dudes on Nitro and on Raw Austin and the Rock.

Goatberg would have destroyed Cold Stone

He had a killer theme song and looked terrifying on the warpath but at the same time he was hurting guys trying to make him look good,cos hes so green.

Hes def one of the better characters, i am a fan...but best wrestler ever? Hes not even 100 on that list.

Back