Is Goldberg The Best Wrestler Ever?

Lovestorm

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Obviously, Goldberg was the best in WCW as he tore through everybody and could not be beaten clean. In WWE they honored his status as an unbeatable machine and things played out the same as back in WCW with him never having a clean loss until the third match with Lesnar.

Lesnar would be the best that WWE has ever had to offer. Despite being a heel, he wasn't the type that would have to resort to cheating or interference to beat the top faces. Even as heel he established himself as being better than everyone else.

When the two best wrestlers from their respective organizations have met it has been 2-1 in Goldberg's favour, with him twice defeating Lesnar easily with the first time being when they were both still in their prime.

I'd say it's fair to recognize Goldberg as being the best there's ever been. The only uncertainty being that neither Goldberg nor Lesnar fought Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle

Obviously, Goldberg was the best in WCW as he tore through everybody and could not be beaten clean. In WWE they honored his status as an unbeatable machine and things played out the same as back in WCW with him never having a clean loss until the third match with Lesnar.

Lesnar would be the best that WWE has ever had to offer. Despite being a heel, he wasn't the type that would have to resort to cheating or interference to beat the top faces. Even as heel he established himself as being better than everyone else.

When the two best wrestlers from their respective organizations have met it has been 2-1 in Goldberg's favour, with him twice defeating Lesnar easily with the first time being when they were both still in their prime.

I'd say it's fair to recognize Goldberg as being the best there's ever been. The only uncertainty being that neither Goldberg nor Lesnar fought Stone Cold Steve Austin.
full

Looking at these two today really illustrates the benefit of getting out of the business quickly. They're only a couple years apart in age, and Steiner is barely holding it together, while Goldberg looks like he's got another solid title run left in him. 30 years grinding it out on the road has not been kind to big poppa pump.

Chris Jericho knows 1004 holds, and he wrote them all down.

As far as character, I think He is the most protected. His only legitimate loss was his last bout. Only other character that can come close is Ultimate Warrior. This can be a good thing when done properly. Some people will complain about both of these characters but they both had a ton of fans at the time and left their mark on the business.

Hogan is the best ever- best babyface ever, and best heel ever in two of wrestlings hottest times.

What was he good at?

In ring work? No where near the top.

Mic skills? This is laughable.

Being pushed and protected by WCW? Absolutely the best.

I enjoyed some of his matches, no doubt, but he buried so many people by being made to look like a monster.

Back