Is FW the most stacked division at the moment?

DatSamboKid

Muay Khao
@red
Reaction score
-Max Holloway
-Brian Ortega
-Jose Aldo
-Frankie Edgar
-Jeremy Stephens
-Chad Mendes
-Cub Swanson
-Josh Emmet
-Mirsad Bektic
-Ricardo Lamas
-Zabit Magomedsharipov
-Korean Zombie
-Renato Moicano
-Dohoo Choi
-Yair Rodriguez
-Alexander Volkanovski
-Darren Elkins

And the list goes on. Featherweight is arguably the best division in terms of talent.

Thoughts?

people will argue light weight, but i think right now the top 5 feather weight is the best of any division.

145 and 155 are the cream of the crop... Cardio plus Knockout power... most fights are exciting.

I definitely agree with you. I think bantamweight to lightweight is generally the deepest but if I had to pick a single division I'd go FW.

145 and 155 are the cream of the crop... Cardio plus Knockout power... most fights are exciting.

CevSbMZWQAAcs9o.jpg

BOTH divisions are nuckin Futz in terms of depth

They're all fairly weak divisions.

Manlets are a bit underwhelming too.

They should just merge it into a stacked 150 pound division

I think it's awfully tough to argue that another division is deeper.

FW and LW easily contain the most well rounded fighters.

-Max Holloway
-Brian Ortega
-Jose Aldo
-Frankie Edgar
-Jeremy Stephens
-Chad Mendes
-Cub Swanson
-Josh Emmet
-Mirsad Bektic
-Ricardo Lamas
-Zabit Magomedsharipov
-Korean Zombie
-Renato Moicano
-Dohoo Choi
-Yair Rodriguez
-Alexander Volkanovski
-Darren Elkins

And the list goes on. Featherweight is arguably the best division in terms of talent.

Thoughts?

You forgot Artem Lobov

But yes 145 is a hell of a division

Even outside the UFC you got beasts like Pitbull and Harrison running their divisions.

145,155,170,135,185,125,205,265 in that order imo. Each division is fairly close to the one above and could swap.

They should just merge it into a stacked 150 pound division
That is one of the most dogshit ideas I've heard in a long time.
If anything, you want to merge weak divisions together, not already stacked ones.

-Max Holloway
-Brian Ortega
-Jose Aldo
-Frankie Edgar
-Jeremy Stephens
-Chad Mendes
-Cub Swanson
-Josh Emmet
-Mirsad Bektic
-Ricardo Lamas
-Zabit Magomedsharipov
-Korean Zombie
-Renato Moicano
-Dohoo Choi
-Yair Rodriguez
-Alexander Volkanovski
-Darren Elkins

Thoughts?

I underestimated FW at one time and always thought LW was much better.

Then I saw Clay Guida, a contender at LW, drop to FW and struggle to be Top 10.
Ross Pearson, a feared LW, dropped to FW, where he was promptly spanked by Cub Swanson.
Miles Jury went 15-1 at LW, but then lost to Charles Oliveira and Chad Mendes.
Dustin Poirier wasn’t quite sniffing contender status at FW, but he could fight for the LW title within a year.
The great Dom Cruz fled the FW division early in his career, knowing that it was a dangerous place.
Large BW like TJ insist on trying to challenge the FLW champ instead of messing with a Top 5 FW.

FW is a great division.
It was more fun in that smaller WEC cage.

145 and 155 are both stacked. I think 155 has the better foghters overall if u invluse conor as 155 which i doubt highly he fights at 145 again. There are more good fighters at 145, just the top 3 or 4 at 155 are better than the top 4 at 145. When zabit and alex gets a few more fights it may change but i think aldo, medez, cub, and edgar are all on the downside of thier career while at 155 they are all close to prime.

145,155,170,135,185,125,205,265 in that order imo. Each division is fairly close to the one above and could swap.

You made quite a few errors there. It should be

155, 145, 170, 135, 185 , 265, 205, 125

135 is up there also

cruz, tj, cody, assuncao, moraes etc.

tough top 5

265 > 205

Heavyweight has Lewis, Blaydes, Volkov, & Tuivasa all surging contenders. Plus the PsOS Stipe & Ngannou are still 1-2 wins away from the title.

205 is ugly, until we see Yoel & Rockhold officially move up and take the top 5 spots of Blachowicz & Glover. Id like to see Luke debut against Blachowicz & Yoel vs Latifi.

135 is up there also

cruz, tj, cody, assuncao, moraes etc.

tough top 5
What I came to post. Fw is a little more deep, but it’s hard to find a better top 5 that bw has outsidebof fw. Definitely have it ranked over ww.

Back