Is Fighting Lee a lose-lose for Barboza?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by legkicktko, Apr 17, 2018.

1. legkicktko Brown Belt

legkicktko
    I feel like Lee is more dangerous than his resume shows. His resume kinda sucks actually. At least it seems that way in proportion to the way he talks.

If Barboza loses to him, obviously that would suck for him. However, if he wins, I feel like people will write off Lee verses praise Barboza. That tends to happen with anyone Barboza beats. If they beat him, its because he loses "big fights". If he beats them, its because obviously they aren't a big fight, regardless of their ranking.

It will be quickly forgotten that Lee raped first round Chiesa on the ground and whipped Tony Ferguson's ass for a round with a staph infection.

Don't get me wrong, the guys personality sucks, and he's second to Colby for annoying (in my opinion), but he's dangerous and only getting better.

Roljo likes this.
  2. TCanaveira Green Belt

TCanaveira
    Nah. He lost to Khabib so he ain't close to a title shot. I'd say he's maybe 2 wins away but he doesn't deserve a number 1 contender fight yet. Lee is a good fight for him right now, and if he wins then he can fight Poirier for the number 1 spot.

3. legkicktko Brown Belt

legkicktko
    Poirier-Barboza is a weird fight to picture. I could see Poirier catching him and finishing him. I could also seeing Poirier laying a massive egg and getting destroyed.

4. GreatSaintGuillotine You may not like what I say but it's the truth.

GreatSaintGuillotine
    Winning against Lee proves that his style is effrctive and silences a lot of criticism about him. There are safer figjts that fufil the same purpose but...meh fuck it.

RockyLockridge likes this.
  5. legkicktko Brown Belt

legkicktko
    Idk man... Lee is not a pressure fighter. Is his wrestling good? Yeah, I guess. But Barboza has beat grapplers before. He beat Dariush who was #7 (same as Lee now), and Dariush had just finished grapplefucking the Russian striker. Beneil has a better resume than Kevin too, especially when Edson fought him.

6. shoorik1987 Blue Belt

shoorik1987
    Both coming of a loss. Barboza vs Khabib and Lee vs n. 1 contender Ferguson (not Conor).

Good fight for both. I'm looking forward to it.

This would also tell us something about the future Khabib - Ferguson matchup.

7. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    Whichever way you look at it....a convincing win is not losing, so I disagree it's lose/lose.

However it is a high risk/low reward kinda fight

Leonard Haid likes this.
  8. legkicktko Brown Belt

legkicktko
    That is a probably a better way of wording it. I'm surprised he took this fight, it doesn't make sense on paper. At least to me.

9. Sansnom Brown Belt

Sansnom
    Bruce Lee is still alive?

gapwax likes this.
  10. GreatSaintGuillotine You may not like what I say but it's the truth.

GreatSaintGuillotine
    I am aware and agree. Edson will win this pretty soundly.

However, in the eyes of most a wrestler is a wrestler. Even though Kevin us nothing like Khabib, many assume Kevin will mimic Khabib.

11. VitorBelfoTRT Green Belt

VitorBelfoTRT
    Yes, but he let himself get smashed by khabob stick.

12. BigMuffler Pride of Ashlianna

BigMuffler
    It's Kevin, Bruce's grandson. He is proving CMA to be effective in modern MMA.

gapwax likes this.
  13. RockyLockridge Black Belt

RockyLockridge
    It doesnt get him MUCH closer to a title fight. Still has to wait for eddie or porier to resolve

14. TDD Orange Belt

TDD
    I dont know what you mean Lee is 9-3 at LW. Has good wins with Matthews, Prazeres who has a great streak going and even beat Taisumov, Trinaldo who also was on a long win streak before the loss and a win over Chiesa his resume is pretty good.

15. legkicktko Brown Belt

legkicktko
    Yeah people do that, it drives me insane. No critical thinking for some reason.

I was watching some youtube yesterday who has a ton of subscribers. He was breaking down Dustin-Khabib and he goes..

"I think this is the fight where he gets that 0. Seeing Dustin's boxing, if he keeps the fight standing, its his fight. He just needs to stop the TD and he will win soundly"

I wanted to punch my computer. lol. Isn't that the fucking gameplan of the year. Don't get taken down. Someone should time travel to tell Barboza and Johnson.

GreatSaintGuillotine likes this.
  16. MMAProfessional Brown Belt

MMAProfessional
    I'm not convinced Lee is top talent yet. I think people base his skills off the Tony fight but I believe Tony let that happen knowing he could sub him.

17. Darkart Caucasian Belt

Darkart
    He's lucky to be fighting, normally the UFC won't give someone like him a fight for 12-18 months or until whenever his contract expires, he has no upside to the UFC right now with the way Khabib beat him.

18. Gigaton Punch Gold Belt

Gigaton Punch
    "Grapplefucking the Russian striker" never happened. Dariush didn't get a single takedown in that fight. He won striking. Dariush was #7 based on what was widely considered a horrible robbery against Michael Johnson.
    If you look at his resume, it's not all that great. His best win is probably James Vick. That's a great win but Lee has great wins as well.

Prazeres is one of the most underrated fighters on here. The guy only has 2 losses in his career, 1 against Lee, the other against Thiago on short notice at 170. That was a pretty close fight too.
    Lee also completely ran through Magomed Mustafaev who was one of the Russian flavor of the week fighters on here until Lee whooped his ass. Then he sucked all of a sudden.

19. TDD Orange Belt

TDD
    Prazeres is one of the most underrated fighters on here. The guy only has 2 losses in his career, 1 against Lee, the other against Thiago on short notice at 170. That was a pretty close fight too.
    Lee also completely ran through Magomed Mustafaev who was one of the Russian flavor of the week fighters on here until Lee whooped his ass. Then he sucked all of a sudden.[/QUOTE]
    True Prazeres is a beast but he also misses weight quiet a lot, like i said his resume is pretty good has some loses but he didnt lose to guys that were bad.

GreatSaintGuillotine likes this.
  20. Towerworld Purple Belt

Towerworld
    agreed but keep in mind that Lee had a staph infection and horrible weight cut, he gassed much easier than he should have.