Is Fedor the least impressive out of all the GOAT contenders?

To ME, GOAT contenders in my personal order:
1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Aldo
In that order because of the fact the neither Fedor nor GSP have ever failed a test. Honestly, you can change them out if it suits you better. Aldo has never failed a test, although there was the mess that was made when he dropped his sample and all that madness. If you feel so inclined to include MM, by all means. I'm not a fan, but it would be insane to say he's not VERY talented. Cruz is another, although he may be injured too often to be a "GOAT". No more Anderson, no more JBJ, no more any proven cheats. BTW, I'm a huge fan of Cyborg, and even though she's tested positive, I still like her, but would not consider her in the GOAT conversation, even though I think she's the best female fighter in MMA.

Let's put an end to the BS GOAT discussuons.....there is no GOAT.

There are GOATS of weight classes but not one guy who was the best ever.

It's hard enough to logically debate guys in the same weight class from different time periods without attempted revisionist history.Guys in same division but never fought same opponents or in the same company,or same time period.

You cannot accurately debate guys who never fought in the same weight class and attempt to compare the difficulty of opponents and validity of wins.

Then you have newer divisions being compared against established divisions......it doesn't work.

The all time greatest mma fighter doesn't exist......lets be realistic and just try to debate who is the best one division at a time.

The ufc roster was second class the entire time pride was running......funny how shills forget that.

Mighty mouse is the least credentialed GOAT candidate his division has no history or legends....his GOAT claim is as valid as rousey when she was champ.....non existent.

It was Condit, but I think his chin is fading too.

Condits chin always seemed odd to me. He got tko'd early in his career(haven't seen it), looked unconscious for a moment vs Ellenberger, but ate huge shots from pre USADA Johny and Woodley like they weren't shit.

I always mention him when people talk about chins that got better through the years.

It's hard enough to logically debate guys in the same weight class from different time periods without attempted revisionist history.Guys in same division but never fought same opponents or in the same company,or same time period.

You cannot accurately debate guys who never fought in the same weight class and attempt to compare the difficulty of opponents and validity of wins.

Then you have newer divisions being compared against established divisions......it doesn't work.

The all time greatest mma fighter doesn't exist......lets be realistic and just try to debate who is the best one division at a time.

TLDR; there are too many variables to determine an overall GOAT.

There you go.

His standout wins include Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop, and Brett Rogers. He then proceeds to get choked out by werdum (someone with a better heavyweight resume anyways) Completely dissmantled by BigFoor (lul) and then knocked out by someone wayyyy smaller in Dan Henderson. After being completely trashed by current, relevant fighters at the time, he goes back to can crushing so he can have more contract leverage. Fedor is by far the least impressive fighter i have seen out of all the potential GOATS. Aldo, DJ, GSP, Jones, and even Anderson Silva have a better claim than this pudgy, mediocre can crusher Kkona. Feel free to try t convinve me that Fedor wasnt just some can crusher that excelled almost everywhere but the U.S

You suck more than your mom

The end of the discussion is that the GOAT is Fedor.

If you weren't watching before 2005, you just don't have the context to make the call otherwise. You wouldn't remember how Heath Herring was the favorite against some Russian nobody named Fedor, and how Fedor beat the brakes off of Herring. How he made Semmy Schilt look like a rank amateur. How Nog got beat the fuck up so bad that Eiko Koike was crying for him. He was in the best HW division in the top organization in the world, probably one that we'll never see again when it comes to pure overall quality.

Look at OP leaving off names like Coleman (x2), Herring, Randleman (and after the Randleplex too), Hunt (Yes Hunt was ranked), and Big Daddy Goodridge If you weren't paying attention, you just wouldn't know that those names are names to know. Hell, even Naoya Ogawa and Ol' Ironhead Fujita are game opponents, even if they weren't "elite names". Fedor beat them all, and people who watched PRIDE in its heyday remember that in vivid detail because this dude was the best of the best. The UFC wasn't even on the radar at that point, PRIDE FC was the place to be for elite fighters, period.

People don't compare boxers because that context was lost over the years, but MMA is young enough that some of us can recall Fighting Network Rings and Pancrase. Some of us can give the context behind the 2000 PRIDE Grand Prix and why Enson Inoue is a bad motherfucker. Some of us remember Igor Vovchanchyn as the number one pound for pound fighter on the planet, and it's not even a stretch because he was. It's not ancient history, this is the story of our game. And in our game, there's only one Emperor at the top of the pile.

It's Fedor.

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
Fedor - #1 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (1):
Nogueira 1
Top 5 fighters defeated (5):
Nogueira 3
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Herring
Top 10 fighters defeated (6):
Coleman 1
Hunt
Randleman
Schilt
Rogers
Fujita

Nogueira - #2 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (1):
Coleman
Top 5 fighters defeated (5):
Cro Cop
Sylvia
Herring 1
Barnett 2
Rodriguez
Top 10 fighters defeated (7):
Couture
Werdum
Herring 2
Kharitonov
Schaub
Schilt
Overeem

Werdum - #3 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (2):
Fedor
Velasquez
Top 5 fighters defeated (2):
Hunt
Browne
Top 10 fighters defeated (6):
Overeem
Gonzaga
Nelson
Alexander Emelianenko
Russow
Erikson

Happy to help to this thread along.

100 percent. Fedor has 1 or 2 good wins. The rest are cans.. there is a reason he never fought in UFC. As soon he lost 3 in a row he was "out of his prime" all a sudden. Nah son, fedor was still in his prime but fighting decent fighters for the first time in his career. Gsp woulda been 100 amd 0 if he fought the same level of cans in a c league like fedor.
When Fedor and Nogueira were fighting for the PRIDE HW championship in 2003, Tim Sylvia was fighting Gan McGee for the UFC HW championship.

Fedor was fighting the best by not being in the UFC in the early years.

You mean except for

- Randy
- Mir
- Brock
- JDS
- Cain
- Overeem
- Werdum
- Barnett
- Sergei
- Igor

Other than all those guys, sure he beat the best HWs during his run.

There is so much ignorance in this post that o can’t even begin to explain.

When Fedor and Nogueira were fighting for the PRIDE HW championship in 2003, Tim Sylvia was fighting Gan McGee for the UFC HW championship.

Fedor was fighting the best by not being in the UFC in the early years.

People really do have short term memory here, they forget how highly touted pride he division was. Heck there were numerous times randy Dana commented on it, fedor not only dominated that era but he was feared during that time. He’s def top 3 goat along with sakuraba and gsp

So Condit has poor takedown defense, and GSP didn't move like that against him.

Notice my post was about Fedor's transitions from striking to grappling. Feel free to show me GSP moving like that.

So now you want to compare Fedor's takedowns to GSP's? heh ok then. GSP in the past used his striking to set up his takedowns. Care to compare their takedown success rates?

Also how many top level wrestlers did Fedor take down in his career? GSP on the other hand took down guys like Shields, Fitch, Sherk, Koschek, Hughes etc.

Fedor's strength has always been his striking and GNP. Fedor's takedown accuracy sits at 63% while GSP's sits at 74%. Actually a much bigger gulf than that when you consider how few guys Fedor fought were top level wrestlers. I seem to recall Lindland almost completing a takedown on Fedor only to be saved by Fedor grabbing the ropes.

The reality is, there are a lot more guys from a high level wrestling background in the UFC than there were in Pride. Strikeforce had plenty of wrestlers but we all know how Fedor did there right?

Coleman, Randleman and Lindland were the 3 best wrestlers Fedor faced in his career and Lindland was a 40 year old middleweight, Randleman was, well Randleman... He is 1-2 in his last 3 prior to the Fedor fight and then went on a scorching 2-8 run after. The first time he fought Coleman (Who was 39 at the time), he armbarred him in round 1, the second time at age 41 he armbarred him again.

Fedor never faced even close to the calibre of wrestlers that GSP did but Fedor's wrestling was decent, just not on par with GSP's.

This happened with Anderson Silva and his last few years.

People are fast to forget how these guys were amazing.

Anyway "Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop" if this isn't legendary stuff, I don't know what is.
In their primes he beat them too.

People really do have short term memory here, they forget how highly touted pride he division was. Heck there were numerous times randy Dana commented on it, fedor not only dominated that era but he was feared during that time. He’s def top 3 goat along with sakuraba and gsp
I'm curious what the conversation would be like had fedor retired before the werdum fight.

Even if fedor isn't the goat or even in the top 5. There's no denying he's easily up there with entertainment goat. Cro cop and fedor have the best highlights of a career in Mma in imo.

then knocked out by someone wayyyy smaller in Dan Henderson

Yeah fedor just towers over hendo

FedorEmelianenkoDanHenderson.jpg

Fedor-Hendo.jpg

So now you want to compare Fedor's takedowns to GSP's? heh ok then. GSP in the past used his striking to set up his takedowns. Care to compare their takedown success rates?

Also how many top level wrestlers did Fedor take down in his career? GSP on the other hand took down guys like Shields, Fitch, Sherk, Koschek, Hughes etc.

Fedor's strength has always been his striking and GNP. Fedor's takedown accuracy sits at 63% while GSP's sits at 74%. Actually a much bigger gulf than that when you consider how few guys Fedor fought were top level wrestlers. I seem to recall Lindland almost completing a takedown on Fedor only to be saved by Fedor grabbing the ropes.

The reality is, there are a lot more guys from a high level wrestling background in the UFC than there were in Pride. Strikeforce had plenty of wrestlers but we all know how Fedor did there right?

Coleman, Randleman and Lindland were the 3 best wrestlers Fedor faced in his career and Lindland was a 40 year old middleweight, Randleman was, well Randleman... He is 1-2 in his last 3 prior to the Fedor fight and then went on a scorching 2-8 run after. The first time he fought Coleman (Who was 39 at the time), he armbarred him in round 1, the second time at age 41 he armbarred him again.

Fedor never faced even close to the calibre of wrestlers that GSP did but Fedor's wrestling was decent, just not on par with GSP's.

Again, feel free to show me GSP moving like that. Fluid striking on the balls of his feet, landing bombs and transitioning seamlessly to a takedown or judo throw.

I'll wait.

His standout wins include Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop, and Brett Rogers

Yeah lets just overlook those wins like nothing right?

Arlovski is a mosnter, a former UFC heavyweight champion, and possibly a top 10 HW OAT.
Sylvia is an absolute giant and a former UFC Heavyweight champion with 2 title defenses. Fedor who is the size of a middleweight dropped him and submitted him in 30 seconds.
Before Fedor fought Big Nog, Nog was seen as this unstoppable force. Nog is an absolute beast, and is a top 5 HW OAT. Fedor beat the shit out of Nog IN HIS GUARD....
Fedor beat cro cop in a predomianntly striking match, at a time when cro cop was a straight kjller and possibly the best striker in the HW division at the time.

Your forgetting that Fedor beat:
Mark Hunt (who has wins over frank mir, bigfoot, nelson, kongo, and etc...)
Mark Coleman twice. Mark coleman at the time was a beast, he was the father of ground n pound, and fedor beat coleman as he was getting ground n pounded.... It was one of the slickest armbars of all time....

Fedor-Coleman-Armbar.gif

This thread made me wonder if GSP with a HW frame would beat Fedor.

There is so much ignorance in this post that o can’t even begin to explain.

Nah, you just have no come back for how he didn't fight any of those top fighters while he was still on top.

Fedor fought a decent amount of the top fighters during his era. He definitely did not fight all of them, nor even the vast majority of them like the poster said.

Back