Is Fedor the least impressive out of all the GOAT contenders?

Tough to judge a goat when you're still competing past your prime. If Ali fought for another 5 or more years and continued losing I think his greatness would've been overshadowed by that

Shit thread is shit. Fedor is the GOAT and that's not likely to change anytime soon.

Out of all the GOAT candidates without factoring PED's he has the weakest resume out of Jones, Anderson and GSP but skill wise he's ahead of Anderson (and has less losses)

Fedor> GSP, JOMES, SILVA, MM, ANYONE

Who the hell is “JOMES”?

23ldysy.jpg

His standout wins include Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop, and Brett Rogers. He then proceeds to get choked out by werdum (someone with a better heavyweight resume anyways) Completely dissmantled by BigFoor (lul) and then knocked out by someone wayyyy smaller in Dan Henderson. After being completely trashed by current, relevant fighters at the time, he goes back to can crushing so he can have more contract leverage. Fedor is by far the least impressive fighter i have seen out of all the potential GOATS. Aldo, DJ, GSP, Jones, and even Anderson Silva have a better claim than this pudgy, mediocre can crusher Kkona. Feel free to try t convinve me that Fedor wasnt just some can crusher that excelled almost everywhere but the U.S
100 percent. Fedor has 1 or 2 good wins. The rest are cans.. there is a reason he never fought in UFC. As soon he lost 3 in a row he was "out of his prime" all a sudden. Nah son, fedor was still in his prime but fighting decent fighters for the first time in his career. Gsp woulda been 100 amd 0 if he fought the same level of cans in a c league like fedor.

His standout wins include Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog, CroCop, and Brett Rogers. He then proceeds to get choked out by werdum (someone with a better heavyweight resume anyways) Completely dissmantled by BigFoor (lul) and then knocked out by someone wayyyy smaller in Dan Henderson. After being completely trashed by current, relevant fighters at the time, he goes back to can crushing so he can have more contract leverage. Fedor is by far the least impressive fighter i have seen out of all the potential GOATS. Aldo, DJ, GSP, Jones, and even Anderson Silva have a better claim than this pudgy, mediocre can crusher Kkona. Feel free to try t convinve me that Fedor wasnt just some can crusher that excelled almost everywhere but the U.S

even for a 2010 poster, you should better.

100 percent. Fedor has 1 or 2 good wins. The rest are cans.. there is a reason he never fought in UFC. As soon he lost 3 in a row he was "out of his prime" all a sudden. Nah son, fedor was still in his prime but fighting decent fighters for the first time in his career. Gsp woulda been 100 amd 0 if he fought the same level of cans in a c league like fedor.

CONTEXT. you need to look at his wins at the time they took place, and where his opponents skills were at the time.

Nobody has left such a power vaccum between himself and the rest of the competition for such a long time as Fedor. For year after year after year, he reigned with none left to challenge him. At heavyweight. He was not only the best of his division, he was the best fighter in the world, for a decade. Only if you didn't watch mma during this time and didn't witness awe of every fighter who spoke his name, you would say such a thing.

I don't see how anybody could convince you or why they would even bother. Any fighter in the GOAT discussion can typically be ripped to pieces by someone with an agenda.
Personally I think the GOAT is GSP but an argument can be made for several fighters.

i agree, including gsp. not being able to finish fighters is a HUGE factor in my personal goat criteria.

GSP got knocked out by a much smaller man (Serra) and he doesn't have Dan Henderson's right hand.

Anderson you can say didn't fight the best competition during his title run... MM and Aldo are the size of 8th graders, so calling them the best fighter of all time is a stretch.

Clearly Jon Jones or Fedor is the best of all time. If Bones' PEDs or Fedor's record deter you, then GSP is the logical choice.

So GSP gets disqualified due to a freak KO? It was Serra's only KO win. clearly a fluke hitting the right spot at the right time.

Do you know how often that happens in MMA? Frequently...

Cain to JDS (as proven by his two dismantling victories afterwards)
JJ to Thug Rose (insane underdog wins)
Rockhold to Bisping... Should have been a quick 1 round finish for Rockhold

and the list goes on. At least GSP avenged his only two losses.

And you talk about Hendo's right hand but Fedor fought plenty of undersized guys (a 40 year old Matt Lindland for example), in fact many of his fights were freakshow fights which is part of the reason why so many people have issues with GOAT contention. His three best victories were all decision wins (Nog x2, Crocrop) and yet GSP gets shit on for decision wins over top 5 prime welterweights.

Fedor beat the top guys of his time and I don't fault him for the freakshow fights (of which his resume is heavily padded), that's Pride matchmaking at it's finest. They did the same thing for Wanderlei Silva as well.

In my opinion, it's Fedors 3 losses in a row starting at the age of 34 that work against him as a GOAT. The loss to Werdum was credible, Werdum is a top heavyweight but losing to Bigfoot (and lets not bother with size differences or we will have to bring up Hong Man Choi, Semmy Shilt etc) and the middleweight Hendo were pretty telling.

Anderson Silva unfortunately gets taken off the list due to two failed drug tests and of course a very rapid decline with many losses

Hell naw lol did you see the first and third nog fights? The herring fight ? The cc fight (admittedly saddens me as a c c fan) ? Guy was impressive as hell mma fans have short term memory though

i agree, including gsp. not being able to finish fighters is a HUGE factor in my personal goat criteria.

Fedor not being able to finish Big Nog (twice) or Crocop should take him off your list then. They are the two best guys he has beaten.

Depends on who is making the GOAT list. He wouldn't be the least impressive to me. From the list of names people throw around, the least impressive to me is Colin.

No one who actually understands MMA considers him to be the GOAT.
He competed in the weakest weight class outside of the UFC.
He's a legend and one of the best Heavyweights of all time, but skill for skill and resume wise hes not even top 5 all time P4P.

Ever watch him fight? Watching his legendary fights now just doesn't have the feel of watching them when they were happening. Maybe Chuck or Anderson are comparable in the sense that their fights were such a huge deal... the anticipation... unmatched gravitas...

No one who actually understands MMA considers him to be the GOAT.
He competed in the weakest weight class outside of the UFC.
He's a legend and one of the best Heavyweights of all time, but skill for skill and resume wise hes not even top 5 all time P4P.
Fedor Emelianenko may not be the GOAT but he is by far the best fucking MMA heavyweight we have ever seen.

So GSP gets disqualified due to a freak KO? It was Serra's only KO win. clearly a fluke hitting the right spot at the right time.

And you talk about Hendo's right hand but Fedor fought plenty of undersized guys (a 40 year old Matt Lindland for example), in fact many of his fights were freakshow fights which is part of the reason why so many people have issues with GOAT contention. His three best victories were all decision wins (Nog x2, Crocrop) and yet GSP gets shit on for decision wins over top 5 prime welterweights.

Fedor beat the top guys of his time and I don't fault him for the freakshow fights (of which his resume is heavily padded), that's Pride matchmaking at it's finest. They did the same thing for Wanderlei Silva as well.

In my opinion, it's Fedors 3 losses in a row starting at the age of 34 that work against him as a GOAT. The loss to Werdum was credible, Werdum is a top heavyweight but losing to Bigfoot (and lets not bother with size differences or we will have to bring up Hong Man Choi, Semmy Shilt etc) and the middleweight Hendo were pretty telling.

Anderson Silva unfortunately gets taken off the list due to two failed drug tests and of course a very rapid decline with many losses

Never said GSP was disqualified, in fact, if you read my last sentence I have him in my top 3. OP said Fedor got KO'd by a much smaller man in Dan Henderson, I was merely saying that happened to GSP also.

I have love for Canadians.

Back