Is Fabricio Werdum getting the next TS? What does he need to do to beat Stipe?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Champion : Stipe Miocic
1 Francis Ngannou

2 Alistair Overeem

3 Fabricio Werdum

4 Cain Velasquez

5 Mark Hunt

Fabricio got exposed in one of the clear holes in his striking when they 1st fought. If he gets the next TS what does he need to do to beat Stipe?
a70c34a9944aef08208fdf61db65a34a.gif

not run straight forward throwing awful punches with his chin up in the air anyways

I don’t know but it would be cool if he posted on sherdog.

There's no clear path to victory for him. He needs to land a flying knee or something like that.

Dead serious.

Respect Stipe's power but drag it into deep waters. Werdum's cardio is pretty solid, and Stipe can't rely on takedowns for obvious reasons.

Werdum started to believe his own hype the first time around, maybe he'll actually play to his strengths.

I think he needs a win over a top 15 or top 20 guy first.

Just my opinion.

he fought like a complete moron in their first fight, I'd like to see them fight again when Werdum fights smart.

I'm not really sure what his best strategy is, but I think he would have to fight a similar game plan as the one used against Cain. Use rangey strikes to stay away from the boxing and use his clinch game to do some damage with the knees and eventually get it to the ground. He at least has a chance if he fights smart.

I don't know, I think Stipe is just a terrible stylistic match up for him and can negate Werdum's weapons. All I know is he gave himself 0 chance in the last fight (which was partly because Stipe had him very frustrated early on)

Similar to what he did against Browne and Cain. Work his kicks from a distance. Use lateral movement to avoid counters. If he gets in a clinch use some muay thai knees. If the fight goes to the ground utllize his jiu jitsu to either maintain top position or avoid damage while fishing for submission attempts.

And that's a wrap for the Heavyweight division.
giphy.gif

Seriously?!?

Three defenses and they are completely out of options.

With Dana publicly scoffing at a Cain title fight (and rightfully so) there really is just Werdum.
Heavyweight really is built for a "hot potato" belt, otherwise it just stagnates.

Keeping his fucking hands up

In all seriousness I think he's able to strike with Stipe, and he should emphasise a very kick heavy game to both slow Stipe down and because he isn't afraid to be taken down.

And that's a wrap for the Heavyweight division.
giphy.gif

Seriously?!?

Three defenses and they are completely out of options.

With Dana publicly scoffing at a Cain title fight (and rightfully so) there really is just Werdum.
Heavyweight really is built for a "hot potato" belt, otherwise it just stagnates.
To be fair they're not out of options just good options.

Struve title shot incoming.

I'd be pushing for DC vs Stipe if I was DW.

I think he needs a win over a top 15 or top 20 guy first.

Just my opinion.
True, but who else are they going to book at this point? Unless they can convince DC to move up, they have nothing.

1 Francis Ngannou - just lost

2 Alistair Overeem - killed by Ngannou

3 Fabricio Werdum - two fight win streak

4 Cain Velasquez - most likely injured

5 Mark Hunt - fighting Blaydes

6 Derrick Lewis - lost to Hunt

7 Alexander Volkov - three fight win streak

8 Marcin Tybura - lost to Werdum

9 Curtis Blaydes - fighting Hunt

10 Stefan Struve - lost to Volkov

Back