Is Edgar/McGregor a squash match?

If the UFC called me today and said "Do you want to fight Tony Ferguson or Khabib Nurmagomedov?" I would also say I want to fight Frankie Edgar.<Lmaoo>

Frankie Edgar would beat McGregor. I think he may have beaten Holloway as well. Frankie is good for 5 rounds of cardio.

if he can put mendes to bed i dont see why he couldnt do the same to conor

Mendes wilted because he shot his load early on............... Edgar would eat Conors lunch and take his soda money

so we agree?
YEP............

imo...IF Mendes had full camp... Conor would Not be where he is now... imo Conor is Lucky.. a Very good fighter yes... But even Luckier than good.

YEP............

imo...IF Mendes had full camp... Conor would Not be where he is now... imo Conor is Lucky.. a Very good fighter yes... But even Luckier than good.
word bro. agreed

Edgar has much better movement than Mendes, he won't get hit enough for it to be an issue. He will take the boy down and teach him manners though through a majestic beat down a la Penn III.

Frankie has no business in the ring with the GOAT.

Frankie, Brian and Mac would probably all betting favorites amongst hardcore fans, casuals and media would make Conor the betting favor.

For either guy?

My friend and i are currently debating this, he thinks Conor would sleep Frankie easily, i think Frankie would be able to eat a clean punch from him, take him down and TKO or sub him easy. Only X factors IMO are Edgars durability (chin has to crack at some point) and reach disparity.

Thoughts?
I think Conor will put him to sleep. I think Conor is smart enough to know that the only thing Frankie will be looking to do is to take him down. That is the only way Frankie wins that fight.

So, Conor just has to fight Frankie the same way he fought Eddie Alvarez, let him look for his takedown, and KO him.

It is the best way to fight grapplers. Anticipate the take-down, wait for it, defend it, and throw a clean shot a la Tyron Woodley versus Demian Maia.

I'm not completely sure Conor will be able to catch Frankie with the same success he's caught other guys. The dude has better footwork than Conor does and is usually able to get out of a pinch. Nothing's guaranteed in combat sports but I'd probably pick Frankie if I HAD to make a pick.

Prime Conor would have been very interesting but post Floyd cocaine binge Conor gets taken down and mauled as badly as Yair.

Frankie is very hittable. Could be take a flush shot from Conor? Maybe.

Would Conor only hit him flush once? Unlikely.

Frankie gets stopped in the first.

YEP............

If Mcgregor had trained for a fight against Mendes, Chad wouldn't have made it out of the first. See, that logic works both ways?

good point..... that said.. Wish we Knew and were not just guessing.

Stop discussing a fight that is not, and never was going to take place....

Back