Is Donald Damaging Race Relations?

Leagon

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is mainly to the conservative posters, as I know almost all of the liberals will say yes.

Obama gets a lot of flack from the Right for sort of opening old racial wounds. In light of that, I have a few questions:

1. Has Donald damaged race relations?
2. If yes, has he damaged them as much as Obama?
3. If no, what would have to happen/what would he have to do in order for us to determine whether he has objectively damaged them worse than Obama?

1. Yes.

2. Way more.

I'm a liberal, so I know this data isn't as helpful as you'd like.

This is mainly to the conservative posters, as I know almost all of the liberals will say yes.

Obama gets a lot of flack from the Right for sort of opening old racial wounds. In light of that, I have a few questions:

3. If no, what would have to happen/what would he have to do in order for us to determine whether he has objectively damaged them worse than Obama?

race relations are being ruined because of media inspired race baiting.

What has Trump done to even affect race relations so far? He's denounced white supremacists after Charlottesville and ..... ?

I think its a little early to start comparing Trump to Obama, he hasn't even been in office a full year.

But the answer is yes

race relations are being ruined because of media inspired race baiting.

Does this apply to the Obama administration as well? How do you distinguish damage caused by the media from damage caused by executive action?

Trump is a white supremacist facist and should be impeached.

We wont recover from Obama and Trump will be blamed.

Hard to say.
Hard to say how good or bad they are now, hard to say who's to blame.
Trump is a white power lite kinda asshole so chances are they're not improving under him

What has Trump done to even affect race relations so far? He's denounced white supremacists after Charlottesville and ..... ?

Good question, but that's kind of for you to answer, not me. I asked if you think race relations are improving or declining [under Donald]. If you feel that they are improving, then we're all good. If you feel that they are declining, then what do you think is the cause of that and how do you identify that cause?

Does this apply to the Obama administration as well? How do you distinguish damage caused by the media from damage caused by executive action?

yes. it started in the obama era. really took off after the Zimmerman trial. black v white violence, especially involving authority, became major prime time numbers. They ran with it and they still run with it. Everything is spun around to be about race, when there are more important issues at hand.

We wont recover from Obama and Trump will be blamed.

So you think race relations are still devolving from Obama's actions. That's fair. Is it Donald's responsibility to fix that? Will you be upset if he doesn't?

yes. it started in the obama era. really took off after the Zimmerman trial. black v white violence, especially involving authority, became major prime time numbers. They ran with it and they still run with it. Everything is spun around to be about race, when there are more important issues at hand.

So you don't blame Obama or Donald for having any effect on declining race relations? That's fair. If you blame the media, do you think either president has a responsibility to punish the media for causing the damage?

So you don't blame Obama or Donald for having any effect on declining race relations? That's fair. If you blame the media, do you think either president has a responsibility to punish the media for causing the damage?

no, the president should not interfere with the media. I think perhaps scolding should be in order.

I don't see any reason to believe Obama or Trump directly create racial tension. Now it may be true that their personas inadvertently create it, but for the most part, it is the media and is all normal and part of divide and conquer.

no, the president should not interfere with the media. I think perhaps scolding should be in order.

I don't see any reason to believe Obama or Trump directly create racial tension. Now it may be true that their personas inadvertently create it, but for the most part, it is the media and is all normal and part of divide and conquer.

You don't think they DO directly create racial tension? As in, deliberately? Or you don't think they CAN directly create racial tension? As in, it is impossible for them to do so, even deliberately.

America will never have racial unity. Two many stubborn, different people.

You don't think they DO directly create racial tension? As in, deliberately? Or you don't think they CAN directly create racial tension? As in, it is impossible for them to do so, even deliberately.

The media purposely creates racial tension, yes, I believe that

It's the Perfect Storm.

1. Retarded Trump, not knowing how to handle race relations and saying retarded shit.
2. Media on the Left/The Right who sensationalizes everything and exaggerates everything
3. Larpers on the Alt Right/Wanna Be Nazis /Antifa fighting eachother..which gives the Media the footage to exaggerate a divide in America.

All this makes our country seem super divided when in reality it isn't.

Back