Is DC still disliked on this forum and in general?

American people love cheats so they rooted for JJ instead of an honest man, just like they do when they elect a president,
Which country you're from? 98% of elected officials are dishonest scumbags. Everywhere is the same bro.

On the forum not as much, but I feel like the crying on camera probably hurt him permanently with the casual fanbase.

I'm a huge DC fan by the way.

I don't understand how anyone could dislike DC. He's an absolute gent and one of the greatest fighters of all time.

That said, his personality and style aren't that exciting and his division is lame so you could be forgiven for just not giving a shit.

Its true. If jon didnt cheat and take steroids, dc woukd have not leaned to his left to get head kicked. Its a fact!

Are you as stupid as you sound right now?

I used to play what if games when I was your age too!

He had many dislikers but he's also had many people who liked him throughout his career. At least that's how it came across to me, I've personally always liked the guy and never had anything against him.

I can't believe he ever got hate in the 1st place. Olympian, class act, beast in the cage, good on the mic, good family man, respectful of the sport. Then again this is the forum that has a hard on for multiple time cheaters (Reem, Barnett, Sonnen, Jones).

This. Hell, the man made a name for himself at HW when he was much smaller than every opponent he faced.

I just have no idea how anyone can hate him.

DC epitomises the idea of bouncing back from adversity. The guy's dad died from getting shot when he was eight and his daughter got killed in a car accident in 2003.

He doesn't have to be your favourite fighter but you can at least respect him for all that he has achieved.

I don't understand how anyone could dislike DC. He's an absolute gent and one of the greatest fighters of all time.

That said, his personality and style aren't that exciting and his division is lame so you could be forgiven for just not giving a shit.

great fighter, too dramatic

Nah, I think at first it was all in good fun.

And the way he trash talked was real cornball stuff. But after his postfight interview it's hard not to feel for someone who dedicates everything he has to this sport and still comes up short. No shame in that.

War Cormier

I just have no idea how anyone can hate him.

DC epitomises the idea of bouncing back from adversity. The guy's dad died from getting shot when he was eight and his daughter got killed in a car accident in 2003.

He doesn't have to be your favourite fighter but you can at least respect him for all that he has achieved.

Did not know this.

Damn, I'm mad at myself for ever being a hater.

fist-pump.gif

Jones' fans will never forgive him. They think Jones' fucked up because of DC. They are trying to blame someone, can't accepting the truth. It's like Napoleon. One of his friends told him the truth about his wife that she was cheating Napoleon when he was away. So Napoleon got angry towards his friend instead of Josephine. He never got marshal in the end. All the remaining friends became marshals. He should've kept his mouth shut.

Paper champ, talks a lot of trash, took belt after NC for money.
DCis smart enough with cheating, so he can speak like he is clean and Jones isnt. Very sad and unfair. He and all people know that he (and most top fighters) is on steroids. Its like bashing man who caught with not paying taxes with knowing you and everybody didnt pay it too.
Jones praised him after the fight, but DC continue to bash him.
Else, he speaks "The fight didnt for the title sicne he cheated, so Im the champion". And even if we assume he is clean (big assumption), but in the Rumble 2 fight he cheated, but remained the champion.... Opportunistic.
DC showed himself as man without principles personality IMO, if he would be honest and pride, he wouldnt take this fake belt after beating and will fight for the vacant title.

Paper champion unfortunately.

I really liked Daniel when he was coming up, and I even liked him during his stint at Heavyweight in the UFC. For some reason he's started to grate on me since his move to 205lbs, something about his run just feels weird to me.

He beats a barista.

He then beats a guy who is a clear 2 weight classes below him, who's ancient and well past his best days. Even in that fight was not willing to stand what so ever (not that it matters much, but still).

Then he has two of the weirdest victories over Johnson that I've ever seen, where both times Rumble tried to wrestle him. Just a brainfuck to try and decipher.

Between that he faced a shot Anderson Silva who took a fight on a day's notice and didn't even come close to finishing him.

His best showing was against Alexander Gustafsson and I give him full credit for that gutsy win.

But yeah, he's just not the real champion in my eyes.

teasing DC does not mean we dont like him

Back