Is David Lemieux the hardest p4p puncher in boxing right now?

Add Kudryashov. He can't box, but man, can he punch.

Beterbiev's another good one. Thanks, Kov.

I'll throw Thomas Williams Jr into the mix. Guy throws nothing but hammers and he hits like a fucking semi.

Williams is the epitome of kill or be killed. Which brings me too.......................................

That's nasty. On the flip side, what's also interesting (at least to me) are natural punchers who are clearly heavy handed with the other type of power that's often observed. They're not very explosive or even explosive at all in some cases. Instead, they have a great deal of so-called thudding/thumping power. We wouldn't call them fast or speedy and they don't need to swing for the fences or load up to produce knockouts or hurt opponents. As you know, their KO punches can look relatively weak like an arm punch would or a mild potshot. Naturally, we wouldn't expect these types of shots to finish a fight, much less badly hurt an opponent. I've always viewed truly heavy handed fighters with this type of power as possessing the literal “touch” of death. They're often not trying to knock it out of the park with big home run shots since they can essentially afford to bunt to achieve the same or similar results (baseball analogy, sorry).

Case in point: First round, no prior knockdowns suffered (or much punishment aside from some body work), and one shot that doesn't appear (or sound) to be all that debilitating lands clean. He visibly felt it (note his body language, cowering), takes a knee and can't get back up because he's discombobulated. After a delayed reaction his legs are also gone. The finish was rather unexpected, certainly anticlimactic, yet all the more intriguing due to its peculiar almost quasi-paranormal nature.

[timestamped]

Add Kudryashov. He can't box, but man, can he punch.
Absolutely. I didn't know that he fought since being kayoed by Dorticos in the WBSS last year. He fought twice this month including Saturday. He stopped a Romanian fighter named Alexandru Jur in the 1st and kayoed a fighter from Uruguay in the 6th earlier this month.

This highlight is a year old. Started it halfway through for his "Top 5" rated knockouts.

That's nasty. On the flip side, what's also interesting (at least to me) are natural punchers who are clearly heavy handed with the other type of power that's often observed. They're not very explosive or even explosive at all in some cases. Instead, they have a great deal of so-called thudding/thumping power. We wouldn't call them fast or speedy and they don't need to swing for the fences or load up to produce knockouts or hurt opponents. As you know, their KO punches can look relatively weak like an arm punch would or a mild potshot. Naturally, we wouldn't expect these types of shots to finish a fight, much less badly hurt an opponent. I've always viewed truly heavy handed fighters with this type of power as possessing the literal “touch” of death. They're often not trying to knock it out of the park with big home run shots since they can essentially afford to bunt to achieve the same or similar results (baseball analogy, sorry).

Case in point: First round, no prior knockdowns suffered (or much punishment aside from some body work), and one shot that doesn't appear (or sound) to be all that debilitating lands clean. He visibly felt it (note his body language, cowering), takes a knee and can't get back up because he's discombobulated. After a delayed reaction his legs are also gone. The finish was rather unexpected, certainly anticlimactic, yet all the more intriguing due to its peculiar almost quasi-paranormal nature.

[timestamped]

Agree, I have the same definition of pure power. Guy who just touch ya and your brain/legs just go bye bye.

not that i don't appreciate the rest of the contributions to this thread, but... who dis?
That would be Sommer Ray and her.... assets.

0678cf6c1903f9f7aa34896c01968d61.png

[timestamped]

Bill Bailey is 12-17-0. Not sure an opponent like that is the best indicator of doing something special.

MWs do not weigh in at 180. Ortiz weighed in at 241 to Wilder's 214. That is numbers on the scale, not counting being rehydrated, and carb loading for fight night.
I meant on second day. because someone mentioned him re-hydrating

Lemieux is a heavy puncher, no doubt about that. And if you stand in front of him and try to go punch for punch, you'll probably get knocked out. Unless you're GGG who traded hooks pretty comfortably with him.

Calling him the hardest p4p puncher is a little much though

Lemieux is a heavy puncher, no doubt about that. And if you stand in front of him and try to go punch for punch, you'll probably get knocked out. Unless you're GGG who traded hooks pretty comfortably with him.

Who is your pick? I have a hard time thinking of many guys in the discussion so definitely open to more nominees.

actually I saw GGG boxing and Jabbing more. Lemieux landed one punch the entire fight and it wasn't his proper hook.
Lemieux sucks but he has that power to help him on the way.

Errol Spence
i don't think he has the most power, but i do think he's one of those fighters whose every punch is really fucking hard.

he hits with a 7/10, but he does it all night, with every punch.

I meant on second day. because someone mentioned him re-hydrating

Right. I don't know what they showed up weighing on fight night. The HW division in boxing is unlimited, meaning there is no ceiling.

If we analyze punching power in those terms Wilder is knocking out guys who may outweigh him by 30 or more pounds. He typically has fought in the 220s. The Ortiz fight he weighed in at 214 against Ortiz who weighed 241.

This is why Wilder's KOs are more impressive to me, and p4p he is the hardest puncher. Not taking anything away from Lemieux.

I think Inoue is a bigger puncher P4P. But Leimuex is Top 5.

Back