Is Dave Branch the most underrated fighter in UFC today?

He's a very good fighter, technically sound and quite smart in the cage. It might not be enough against the elite in the UFC, but he has the ability to upset most anyone if given the opportunity. And he'll likely stay in the fight for a while against most any opponent.

“Underrated”? - No

He hasn’t broke into the top 5 because he didn’t capitalize on the opportunity when given Rockhold. At age 36, it’s now or never for him to break into the top rankings, but in order to do that, he has to beat the likes of Weidman, Jacare, or Gastelum. Given the circumstances, he should fight Derek Brunson next and we can assess the situation after that.

Not enough UFC experience to really gauge where he belongs in the rankings. #8 seems appropriate as of now. Too bad the stars never aligned for him and Bisping to square off

He's overlooked because his style isn't that exciting and hasn't fought that often

Branch is 2-1 in the UFC, ya dink. And against top 15 competition at that. So your defnition of Gatekeeper is pretty Tard-level.
This is his second stint in the UFC, his first go-round didn't go so well. But's he's clearly a different much-improved fighter and his old fights have no bearing on his status in the UFC now

Not really, he's solid enough. He probably beats all the of MW division outside of the cream of the crop - but all of the top, top guys run trough him I reckon. I'd like to him against another guy in the same situation, Derek Brunson, next.

He actually did better against Anthony Johnson than many ranked LHWs, also KOed Okami which only Jacare, Anderson and Boetsch in an epic comeback were able to do, almost KOed Rockhold in the first round.

I don't think Branch beat the cream of the top of the MW division but I don't think "all the top guys run through him". Not at all, he is a tough fight for pretty much any 185lber. He was sheduled to fight Romero and while I always bet on Yoel, I think Branch would have been a tough one for him,

For me, Dave Branch will always be remembered as that guy who got slam KO'd years ago. Lol

Back