Movies Is Dave Bautista the best pro wrestler turned actor?

Is Dave Bautista the best pro wrestler turned actor?

• Total voters
I was impressed by Rock's early movie career but then he got roided up and started playing the same action hero character in every movie. A shame because I think he has the talent but not the will to branch out like Batista did. Still waiting for him to play a villain (Awful looking CGI Scorpion King doesn't count).
Only time Rock ever acted was in Be Cool

Absolutely. He was legitimately amazing in Blade Runner 2049 and he was great in 007 and Knives Out. He has shown that he has a solid range.

macho-man-bonesaw.gif

I think they mean characters. Dave plays different roles instead of just the leading character. I will admit Dave doesn’t emote well. None of them are real good actors
For me what makes Dave better than the others is that he does less, which takes confidence and ability as an actor. Rock and Cena will just emote, Dave gives a thought to it and let's the viewer do a bit more.

If you haven't seen Peacemaker, you may not be qualified to judge Cena.

Best performance of his career.

Agree.

But if you think about it, Peacemaker is really just his Super Cena character at the end of his full time WWE run where he was playing a face but everyone was so sick of his good guy shtick they booed him and he acted oblivious to it...only Peacmaker is an actual comic book hero...and he has guns.

A blissfully ignorant guy trying to save everyone, but missing the point.

This isn’t even a question IMO. An easy yes. Dave is pretty great in all his roles and they are all different.

Cena was great as Peacemaker, maybe in time this will be a debate but it isn’t right now.

Back