Is Daniel Cormier in good shape, and if so

Unicorn Princes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
why does his body look the way it does?

etgs1s.jpg

I never gave it much thought until I was reading an article and saw this:

"As far being fit, I mean, we all see what he looks like," Jones said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour.

And I stopped and thought about it. It's hard to imagine that Daniel Cormier, being an Olympic-level athlete, and being such a dominant champion in the past couldn't be in spectacular shape.

But why doesn't his body look more similar to Rashad Evans, or other shorter LHWs? It's hard to imagine that Daniel Cormier doesn't train just as hard, or in ways that are similar to other fighters of his height, weight and caliber?

Some people don't have an impressive body type. Simple. The jacked, aesthetic guy at the gym isn't the definition of functional sporting ability.

Looking at a body to determine who is tougher than who is a female thing. Men should know better.

Former heavyweight who can comfortably make the cut now, odds are he doesn't give a fuck about looks. It's all about the performance, the man can make weight and still enjoy food. If he starts losing then that's something he could work on but until then why fix what isn't broken?

It's genetics and that is the whole answer. He trains surely as hard as Evans but it's his genetics he has a harder time losing fat so he probably doesn't bother to spend most of his camp to lose fat and replace it with muscle mass and instead tries to get in shape and train.
Evans is naturally smaller than Cormier both are short LHWs but Cormier is naturally bigger he carries more weight both muscle and fat while Evans is smaller and has naturally a low BF % but also less muscle mass.
Evans beefed up and build muscle to match the strength of LHWs (and before that HWs) while Cormier loses weight to get down to LHW.
Cormier needs to get down to LHW while Evans build himself up to be a LHW

THinking that ripped abs and buldging pecs is gonna help in a fight is a Quick way to get KTFO

I'm no scientician.
Don't know the corralation, but the amount of guys in the higher weight classes who look like Adonis' but gas after 1 round.
DC outlasts most.

Probably some loose skin in there aswell, he's 35 i believe and has pretty rapidly lost relatively much weight, i don't expect the rest of the body to respond accordingly.

He looks pretty solid to me. I don't see what the problem is

Wow... Jones's legs gotta work hard.....

I believe these are in order by date.

184lbs
4ed3ab344134b0d23d9c78dcc8d0cea1.jpg

The rest i believe are 96kg, roughly 210lbs i guess.

daniel-cormier_Olympics.jpg

Heidari%20in%2096.jpg

That's the best shape I have seen him in since he started MMA. Anyways, like others are saying, genetics. If he trains like a pro, he will perform like a pro.

Pretty sure he looks fine.

thumbnail_crop_php.jpg

The GOAT is not impressed by your thread TS

Put him through some cardio tests and I bet he blows guys with 6 pacs out of the water.

I believe these are in order by date.

184lbs
4ed3ab344134b0d23d9c78dcc8d0cea1.jpg

The rest i believe are 96kg, roughly 210lbs i guess.

daniel-cormier_Olympics.jpg

Heidari%20in%2096.jpg

Must have been way more than 211lbs when fighting in the -96kg division.

Probably around 235ish, that's why his kidney failed him

On topic, he is just an older guy with an half endo/meso bodytype who loves food and doesn't care about having a 6 pack

Back