Is Daniel Cormier an A level athlete?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Everyone always rags on the HW division saying that they are all mediocre athletes that have knockout power to spare. Would DC qualify as being D level athlete?

He was an olympic wrestler that automatically makes him an A level athlete

Who cares? DC destroys A-level athletes.

He's a D + C level athlete.........

I'll see myself out

In his physical prime, he was an Olympian. Past his physical prime, he would go on to dominate some of the best fighters in the world. Presumably while all natty.

The fact that he consistently beats fighters with size advantages would indicate he is a special athlete.

DC is an A level athlete that is now over the hill. The skill level and overall athleticism in the heavyweight division is so atrociously low, that he can still run roughshod over them.

If DC had an equal skill set at 30 years old - training MMA throughout his 20's - he would absolutely smash the guy he is today.

Jon Jones has two brothers, and both of them are multi-year starters in the NFL. That is without any room for argument, elite genetics. He is an elite athlete. Since he's still in his physical prime, cheating aside, he beat Cormier to sleep.

When someone with elite athletic ability trips and falls into MMA, we call them the greatest of all time. In other sports, guys with that level of athleticism fill the entire ranks.

If the base pay went up in MMA, we would attract heavyweights of an appropriate age, background and athletic ability. We crown 8 new Division I All American heavyweights every single year - where are they?

Teaching high school gym for 45k/year plus benefits, because that is a more reasonable risk -vs- reward than getting 10k show money to get your head punched in.

If the base pay went up, the pool would get deeper literally overnight.

Define a level
He could prob leave 99% of nfl atheltes for dead in terms of endurance and cardio but that does not matter for most sherdoggers cause hes chubby

Was only outclassed by two wrestlers on the world stage for a decade and became a force in a sport he’s only been in for 9 years. Definitely a beast.

Romero is an A-B level athlete and DC is not even close to his level when it comes to athleticism lol

Greg Hardy/Brock Lesnar/Romero > rest

There's only one person in the UFC he doesn't beat, maybe all of MMA.

His credentials throughout his wrestling and MMA career cement him as an A+ level athlete.

He was an A level athlete back in the day. In MMA he can be a C+ level athlete whose diet is Popeyes and still be a top fighter.

Romero is an A-B level athlete and DC is not even close to his level when it comes to athleticism lol

Greg Hardy/Brock Lesnar/Romero > rest
I honestly see your bedroom ceiling full of posters of half naked body builders.

Back