Is Dana really wrong on dumping on the fighters?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Firstly, he was totally wrong for blasting Schaub. But my question is, can we excuse Dana shitting on fights and fighters because he is passionate bout the sport? He usually echoes what the fans thinks and will call a shit fight a shit fight. I get he's a promoter but more than that, I think he is a fan who likes to see good fights and gets mad when he isn't given one (much like the rest of us) he's not perfect, he's lies, is greedy, favors certain fighters (which i can sorta get) but him expressing his opinion and echoing what the majority think, should that really be frowned upon?

Yes, yes he is. A good president is professional and doesn't throw fighters under the bus. He can be honest and say a fight wasn't exciting, but work to build the fighter up again.

Dana is just a shithead. The face of a company shouldn't be acting like a dumb drunk fan. The UFC succeeded DESPITE him, not because of him.

Considering his number one job is to promote fighters and promote the sport, yes he is definitely wrong for shitting on fighters. I understand he's just expressing his opinion, but literally nothing good can from talking shit about a fighter on your roster. The end result is less interest in fights, constant squabbling between Dana and fighters, and ultimately some fighters leaving for other organizations cause they're tired of getting bullied and put down by their boss.

He doesn't like it when they won't take the pain and rip everything to pieces.

Of course he is. He's not the one getting his ass kicked in the cage or even the gym for these events to happen. You literally could take someone else and plug them into his spot and tell them what the talking points are, what questions not to answer, and say "fuck" and talk like a tough guy, and things wouldn't change much.

He's living off of the wealth of his friends and the work of the fighters (who get paid a lot less than he does).

How is he supposed to promote fighters after talking down on them? He's tryng to keep the heat off of the org itself when he downtalks the fighters.

Dana calls it like he see it much like the rest of us

If he defended shitty performances and fighters not accepting fights you'd all criticise him for that instead.

Dana isn't ALWAYS wrong (it's rare that I agree with him but it does happen very rarely), but he loves to take shots when it isn't warranted. He loves the limelight and can't help himself.

I'll never forget when Dana shitted on GSP in the post-fight press conference after the Hendricks fight. Seriously. The fucking audacity to shit on a fighter that just left it all out in the cage in a war, and just made your company a shit ton of money. What GSP has done for this sport is second to none. Dude will forever be a clown in my book for that. Complete prick.

Last edited:
Yes. Dana White is not supposed to be a Twitter troll or a sherdogger. It's his JOB to promote, as much as it is the fighters' job to fight. Him "saying what most of us are thinking" is not necessary or desirable.

I'm cool with him forcing fighters to take fights as long as they're healthy, i don't agree with forcing an unhealthy Colby for instance in taking the Woodley fight for Sept but if Colby is healthy then i agree with Dana telling him he will take the interim title away if he doesn't accept the fight for Sept.

Dana calls it like he see it much like the rest of us

If he defended shitty performances and fighters not accepting fights you'd all criticise him for that instead.
I get that too. I mean, him shitting on GSP was retarded but he usually echoes what sherdog thinks about a shit fight so....

Yes. Dana White is not supposed to be a Twitter troll or a sherdogger. It's his JOB to promote, as much as it is the fighters' job to fight. Him "saying what most of us are thinking" is not necessary or desirable.
If he didn't shit on shit fights... wouldn't you call him delusional?

Yes, yes he is. A good president is professional and doesn't throw fighters under the bus. He can be honest and say a fight wasn't exciting, but work to build the fighter up again.

Dana is just a shithead. The face of a company shouldn't be acting like a dumb drunk fan.

100% this

I took out the part I disagreed with, but the above is certainly true in my eyes

Firstly, he was totally wrong for blasting Schaub. But my question is, can we excuse Dana shitting on fights and fighters because he is passionate bout the sport? He usually echoes what the fans thinks and will call a shit fight a shit fight. I get he's a promoter but more than that, I think he is a fan who likes to see good fights and gets mad when he isn't given one (much like the rest of us) he's not perfect, he's lies, is greedy, favors certain fighters (which i can sorta get) but him expressing his opinion and echoing what the majority think, should that really be frowned upon?

Yes. He is a fucking moron who undermines what is supposed to be his job. He is supposed to promote these guys. He is a promoter. Instead he shits on them. That is why there are hardly any big draws today. Fighters either build themselves up and promote themselves or casuals never hear of them but if they did they heard that X fighter sucks.... from Dana.

Dana is just a shithead. The face of a company shouldn't be acting like a dumb drunk fan. The UFC succeeded DESPITE him, not because of him.

Lol. Ok. You’re right, the UFC succeeded despite Dana’s relentless effort behind the scenes and out in public.

Passion moves people buddy. Dana bashes on fighters due to his passion for the sport.

Don’t let Sherdog fool you Dana was great for the UFC and arguably still is

Back