Is Dana burned out?

He was burned out many years ago

He'll be leaving soon for medical reasons

I have spoke

He’s seemed shot since zuffa sold the company.

I find it difficult to understand what motivates some of these uber-rich people to keep going. There comes a point where they have more money than they grandkids kids, kids, children will ever spend. Why not just say "fuck it, I'm still young-ish, I'm rich as fuck and I'm going to go chill and enjoy the rest of my life"...but so often they don't. I guess that's why they're as successful as they are. That insatiable drive.

Everyone needs a reason to get out of bed every day. Big homes, cars, women and all the other toys become an empty endeavour. Money brings comfort and objects but money alone does not make life meaningful.

I love that we are discussing whether Dana White is "burned out", meanwhile he's doing rails right now off a chick's ass somewhere deep in the valleys of Las Vegas, laughing his bald ass off.

<{danawhoah}><{danawhoah}><{danawhoah}>

(Probably.)
Does that sound good to you?

I find it difficult to understand what motivates some of these uber-rich people to keep going. There comes a point where they have more money than they grandkids kids, kids, children will ever spend. Why not just say "fuck it, I'm still young-ish, I'm rich as fuck and I'm going to go chill and enjoy the rest of my life"...but so often they don't. I guess that's why they're as successful as they are. That insatiable drive.

You ever been unemployed? It's fun for the first week or 2. Then it just turns into being a loser.

Having a job, working towards something, is necessary to stay a functional human being.

Retiring at 50 might sound good. But it would be terrible. I'd rather work to 80

His dilemma: Loves being in the spotlight, being the man, and all the perks of "the life". On the other hand, hates the daily grind of making shit run right and working for soulless WME. He's just a guy that's wired to need constant stimulation, so he's addicted to his current lifestyle. Yet, he is completely bored with what he has to do to maintain it.

What is having a soul in UFC terms? Ditching Reebok and having a joke steroid testing program like every other major sport?

Because I would love that

$400 millions + drugs & hookers = burnt out for sure.

Yeah. Seems like he's in job because he signed contract with WME but regrets it and rather be enjoying his 300 million.

You ever been unemployed? It's fun for the first week or 2. Then it just turns into being a loser.

Having a job, working towards something, is necessary to stay a functional human being.

Retiring at 50 might sound good. But it would be terrible. I'd rather work to 80
My dad retired at 45 seemed to have no issues. Ran his miles in the morning went golfing or fishing. Played poker every Friday with his crew. He was also a very good baby sitter for my and my sister kids. Still at it 20 years later.

I think ots just been a real rough year with fights falling thru and lots of cancelled fights/main events. I believe if things get back to normal so we'll he but thats a big if. Its actually concerning how badly this year has been after the sale

He got his money and Lorenzo isn't making him sleep in a cage and eat dog-food anymore

time to put chael P sonnen as new president

He bought back in with his share of the take? damn,that doesn't seem like it was a smart move now, does it, he should sell and get out like the Fertittas did.

It was part of the deal.
UFC went up to a $5b evaluation in September from the $3.75b it was bought at (it was $3.75b plus $200m debt payoff - that is why some mistakenly say $4.2b - they added the .2 twice)

So Fertitta's & DW were paid on a $3.75b price & all three had stock included in the deal (not additional).
I posted the exact amount for DW but I forget. It was about 6-7% stock & he gets 9% of the profits as a yearly salary
Fertittas had something like 5% still & recently were bought out at the current $5b evaluation by WME as WME's investors want WME to buy out some small shares so they can get to 51% ownership (they are not - I found that surprising when I found out months ago).
WME went up 14.5% in value since the sale, so WME's investors are very happy & gave them another $1.1b investment with part of that earmarked for more shares/% of UFC

I know it can be confusing, but that is the meat of it

in 3 years he, Serra and Rogan will morph into one person due to hgh and trt

Back