Opinion Is curing patients a sustainable business model?

@ left
It's OK. The link is from one of your favorites, CNPC and this is a topic you can discuss without sounding your usual crazy.

I dont believe it ever has been. That is why health care is based mostly on treatment instead of preventing as well.

20180126_FHI_WEF_02-400x177.png

Some food for thought.

Create the issue so you can create the treatment so you can create the $$$.

How is it that none of us are born good enough to live without some guys potion?

How is it that none of us are born good enough to live without some guys potion?

We never used to need potions to live way back in the day. You know, when someone living into their 40s became the village elder

We never used to need potions to live way back in the day. You know, when someone living into their 40s became the village elder
Probably a very good reason for that, that we do not yet realize. But we gone learn

Kevin O Leary was in the toy industry and he said the worst product are board games. Because people only buy them once in their lifetime. One Monopoly board should last a family a lifetime.

So you're saying there's a cure for cancer but they're keeping it from us? Interdasting.

dont cure, just keep them coming back to you to stay barely alive with what ever they have.

$$$$

yes, as long as new people who are capable of getting sick, have health issues continue to be born.

If we start evolving into perfect genetic beings, then perhaps Goldman needs to fund research to harm these perfect beings but in secret, so they can fund the solution, and sell it.

Create the issue so you can create the treatment so you can create the $$$.

Stop going to the doctor and pray for good health, problem solved

If ever there was a company where Satan himself was chairman of the board it would have to be GS. Scummiest motherfuckers on the planet.

Simply not true. Early humans could live healthy for a long time. Trauma was the killer. That and birthing babies. Throw out infant mortality and death due to some type of trauma and the average life span would easily double. Do that today and it might add 5-10%.

I understand the sentiment and I agree with @sniper 's assessment being shortsighted, but I hope you realize what you just said is a massive generalization. People on average were less old when they died during the industrial age (for example), but that's mostly due to high rates of child deaths.

We also have a more clean and less physically taxing way of life, combined with improved geriatric care makes it so that people get older. The catch here is that we've exported the industrial age to third world countries so we can have the goods without the ailments.

Of course, medicine developement played a huge part in alleviating this, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for advanced medicine. Then again, maybe there wouldn't have been an escaped poisonous spider in my bedroom either...

Most of the pills you get prescribed are not lifesavers. Think about psychiatric medications, (over)prescribed painkillers, there's more pills then illnesses almost.

Of course, medicine developement played a huge part in alleviating this, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for advanced medicine. Then again, maybe there wouldn't have been an escaped poisonous spider in my bedroom either...
Not sure what you mean by this, but I will add this as I think it is related. I have two kids. Both would not have survived nature childbirth. Now my oldest has developed an ailment that is costing us a small fortune (and we don't mind paying it) to keep his esophagus in working order. I wonder how many sickly people would have been taken out by childbirth.

Not sure what you mean by this, but I will add this as I think it is related. I have two kids. Both would not have survived nature childbirth. Now my oldest has developed an ailment that is costing us a small fortune (and we don't mind paying it) to keep his esophagus in working order. I wonder how many sickly people would have been taken out by childbirth.
I was three hours away from being dead as a kid after something bit me in the neck. Sorry about your kid.

Sorry about your kid.
Thank you. As I said, it is manageable. PLUS it has him motivated (for now) to study science so he can be involved in the research of EOE.
Currently the "best" treatment is mixing Splenda with a high end steroid that is normally nebulized. Then he has to swallow it. The splenda keeps the medicine viscous enough to hang on his esophagus for a minute or two.

Back