Is Cris Cyborg as strong as 125/135 lbs men in UFC?

The only female I would pit against a man is Gabi Garcia and I wouldn't pit her against any man above 145 division.

Maybe in a grappling match, have you seen her stand up in MMA? Absolutely awful...

It's a proven fact that men have more upper body strength than women. A woman's lower body can come close to men's in strength though.

Maybe in a grappling match, have you seen her stand up in MMA? Absolutely awful...

I didn't think she looked that bad, but it isn't like she has fought world beaters... a fighter improves when they are forced to, not "just because". She will improve by facing better strikers and learning to adapt - or we will all know what her ceiling is, as with Ronda.

You're incorrect. On all accounts.

I specifically said a women compared to a man WITH IDENTICAL BODY TYPE.

That would be identical body fat, identical muscle mass, identical build. Same number of fast twitch muscle fibers, etc.

The only difference would be the hormones.

The strength would be near identical.

So if you compare cyborg with a 135 or 125 lb man of the same size and build, she would be equal in strength.

I know it's hard for your troglodyte brain to comprehend. But try.

You are arguing against proven science. You can't win this argument.

that is proven in the history of sports not to be so... look at wight lifting for instance... the record for 69kg men and women... men- snatch-165kg, clean & jerk-196kg, women snatch-128kg, clean & jerk-158... in athletics you can see the difference of both genders so dont tell me equally trained men and women are the same. its just not... biology physics science go check it out
I'm not disputing that part. Woman of the same weight as a man compared directly are likely going to have less muscle. I'm saying if you take a woman and compare them to an identically built man (a man from a smaller weight class), the strength would be equal, or close to it.

So in reference to TS's question, "would cyborg be as strong or stronger than 125 and 135 lb men?", my answer is yes, she would be the same or equal strength, if they are of an equal build, since she fights at 145 lbs, and cuts to get there.

Now if we're comparing her a man that is huge for 135, or fights at 145, then she would start to be at a disadvantage strength wise. But a man that's 1 or 2 weight classes beneath her? She could match that, imo. And i'm saying that about her specifically, not an average woman.

You are arguing against proven science. You can't win this argument.
I'm not, you're just reading my point wrong. See my above post for further clarification.

My guess is she's stronger than most of the guys at 125/135. Doesn't mean she'd beat them, but she strikes me as being physically stronger than several of them.

Another person Ronda ran through. Lol the same Ronda who ducked cyborg, btw Tate and holm ducked cyborg too Dana has been on record saying they were offered fights with cyborg and they both turned in down. Only time cyborg turns down a fight is cause she can't cut down to puny weight these strong women you mention hide I mean fight at.
By this logic Cyborg ducks Cindy Dandois so we should all accept that Cindy is better than Cyborg lol.

Meanwhile Cyborg has fought 1-2 fighters with an impressive resume of their own in her whole career while Ronda, Tate, Nunes, Zingano, McMann, Shevchenko etc. all have fought multiple opponents with good resumes just in the last few years, who is the real avoider of competition?

I'm not, you're just reading my point wrong. See my above post for further clarification.

You're basically saying if a woman was a man she'd be just as strong. A woman isn't a man, and can't be a man. They cannot be built the same. Women have less muscle and carry more fat than men. A man the exact same size as Cyborg is going to be a lot stronger than her. A man's upper body strength is on average almost twice that of a woman his size.

She might have a chance against 1 or 2 of the 125 guys but any top 10 135 male beats her to a bloody pulp

By this logic Cyborg ducks Cindy Dandois so we should all accept that Cindy is better than Cyborg lol.

Meanwhile Cyborg has fought 1-2 fighters with an impressive resume of their own in her whole career while Ronda, Tate, Nunes, Zingano, McMann, Shevchenko etc. all have fought multiple opponents with good resumes just in the last few years, who is the real avoider of competition?
Gina carano had a better resume then all those women. Cyborg beat her. Now none of these female versions of Stephen bonnar accept a fight with cyborg

Gina carano had a better resume then all those women.
Gina had a meh resume. 7-0 before fighting Borg with her best win being Evinger (who isn't even McMann's best win) or Kedzie (who isn't even Tate's 4th best win).

Coenen and maybe Baszler have a better resume than Carano.

Gina carano had a better resume then all those women. Cyborg beat her. Now none of these female versions of Stephen bonnar accept a fight with cyborg

Yeah, a pre-popped Cyborg.

Gina still managed to mount her twice.

Of course she is.

Women aren't inherently weaker than men, they just aren't as likely to have as large of frames and/or as muscular body types as a man.

But if you compare a woman that does have good muscle development and/or a large frame and put them against an identically built man with identical training, they would be relatively equal in strength. The sex is irrelevant.
<36>
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The science has already been done on this.

This Men vs. Women shit is getting old. Any top level Male fighter destroys Cyborg at any weight. If you disagree, you are a beta male.

Of course she is.

Women aren't inherently weaker than men, they just aren't as likely to have as large of frames and/or as muscular body types as a man.

But if you compare a woman that does have good muscle development and/or a large frame and put them against an identically built man with identical training, they would be relatively equal in strength. The sex is irrelevant.

what a load of horse shit , go read up on the physiology of men and women .

She says she can deadlift 405, so nothing wrong with that strength.

Back