Is Conor McGregor the UFC's only A level athlete?

SocialJusticeFighter

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of talk about A level athlete's recently and I'm starting to wonder... Is Conor the only A level athlete the UFC has? I mean, who else do they have that is as famous as Kobe, Lebron, Tom Brady, GOATs in other sports, ETC.

McGregor has guys in other sports coming to watch him fight and superstars like Kanye West supporting him. There are no other draws like this in the UFC. On top of this he is the only man to ever knockout a GOAT in 13 seconds and own two titles in two different weight classes at the same time.

I think it's safe to say Conor McGregor is currently the only A level, top of the line athlete the UFC has, and the UFC is in trouble as a promotion as a result. They need more first class athletes to push because without Conor UFC is NOTHING

giphy.gif

What about Yoel the Olympian? Did Conor make the Olympics?

A lot of talk about A level athlete's recently and I'm starting to wonder... Is Conor the only A level athlete the UFC has? I mean, who else do they have that is as famous as Kobe, Lebron, Tom Brady, GOATs in other sports, ETC.

McGregor has guys in other sports coming to watch him fight and superstars like Kanye West supporting him. There are no other draws like this in the UFC. On top of this he is the only man to ever knockout a GOAT in 13 seconds and own two titles in two different weight classes at the same time.

I think it's safe to say Conor McGregor is currently the only A level, top of the line athlete the UFC has, and the UFC is in trouble as a promotion as a result. They need more first class athletes to push because without Conor UFC is NOTHING

I believe he is the worlds ONLY A-level athlete. Nobody has touched his success.

FY0ZNeI.gif

^ weighs nearly 300 pounds and jumped over 5 feet high, too.

Conor is right up there with him in the A-level category.

<6><6>

IMO the only fighters you can put in that A level category are dudes that competed in the Olympics in their respective sport or you're a top tier athlete in the NBA or NFL and a few other specific sports.

If a guy like LeBron James hits someone with a flying knee with perfect technique and timing, they might die. #AlevelAthlete

LeBron gets knocked down playing basketball by anorexic men. LMAO. What a funny thing to say.

My take on it is it depends on the use of the word athlete. Athletic skill, you got DC and Barboza and Pettis and Woodley. Actually, what the UFC might be lacking, is A level fighter type athletes, the guys who captivated crowds by fighting anyone, anytime, anywhere, in the spirit of BJ Penn and Chuck Liddell, or like Cowboy and Matt Brown. Conor has all 3 things, the fighter spirit, the athletic, and the charisma, so he is the only A level as far as having all 3 traits. Actually guys like Lebron or Kobe, while dominant, lack having all 3 traits also. Conor is more comparable to Michael Jordan in having flamboyance, fearless competitive drive, and talent. Conor may not have the comparable talent of a once in a lifetime Jordan, but Conor's charisma shines. The UFC would be wise to identify and develop needle movers, they should have better scouting of these types in the local mma circuits.

Man Conor really captured the dumb gullible bandwagoner market, TS fits in nicely with them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back