Is Conor GOAT material? After this fight we know

I don’t think you can be a goat with out any title defenses, plus Khabib even know he is champ, he has the worst resume of any champion I can think of off the top of my head

You know what happens when you put a goat in a cage with a Dagestani?

Nope.

If he was to win quick, it'd be 'fluke'
And if he wins any other way, it'll be cos Khabib wasn't as good as people thought and he lost to his first true top competitor...
Then everything will shift to how he's ducking tony/Lee and they would humiliate him.

Are you new to sherdog ?
Pretty much this

I would be willing to consider him a GOAT if,
1. He beats Khabib decisively. Khabib is a wrestler. He has an opposite style to Conor’s and this would prove a high level of versatility.

2. He fights and beats GSP

Conor already done fucked up goat status by losing so much

Maybe in the eyes of the casuals.

Like those that think that Tyson or Ali are goat contenders in boxing.

Conor will have more P4P names on his resume than anyone in history, and at two weight classes no less.

Of course a bunch of old Pride and UFC dorks will claim their favorite fighter from 185+ was the GOAT when they defended a belt a few times by beating garbage tier fighters on PEDs 10 years after the sport even became a thing, but it simply won't be true.

Maybe in the eyes of the casuals.

Like those that think that Tyson or Ali are goat contenders in boxing.

Ali is a GOAT contender. Tyson was pretty great too considering his size, and the fact he had three years shaved off his prime.

Conor will have more P4P names on his resume than anyone in history, and at two weight classes no less.

Of course a bunch of old Pride and UFC dorks will claim their favorite fighter from 185+ was the GOAT when they defended a belt a few times by beating garbage tier fighters on PEDs 10 years after the sport even became a thing, but it simply won't be true.
Even if he beats Khabib. Both GSP and Fedor would still have more wins over top 10 P4P fighters.

jesus this fucking board is a big pile of shit

I remember when GOAT meant that you cleared out everyone at your division, had a huge winning streak, and didnt struggle or get beat by journeymen/gatekeepers. Those sure were the days.

I remember when GOAT meant that you cleared out everyone at your division, had a huge winning streak, and didnt struggle or get beat by journeymen/gatekeepers. Those sure were the days.
so you can only make the argument for jones being goat. but then you cant because of peds. everyone in the discussion has lost and lost to those that aren't the elite. apart from DC .

GOAT probably not, but he is the biggest rockstar MMA has ever had.

I'm guessing in the eyes of all knowing knowledgeable 'hardcores' - Ali isn't?

I don't know about 'hardcores'. But anybody that knows anything about boxing knows that SRR is the GOAT. Then there's a small group with Armstrong, Greb, Langford, Pep, Louis, Duran and hell, maybe even Mayweather. I think general consensus has Ali somewhere between 5-10.

Tyson should be over the moon if he makes top 50

edit: I speak purely skill wise of course. Ali as a cultural phenomenon is miles beyond any of the other names I dropped

I can’t take anyone that has Conor in the goat discussion seriously.

Back