Is Conor Bringing Systema to Legitimacy?

StopColabListen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Systema is an ancient russian martial art that focuses on movement, and passive touching to control an opponent.

I was watching the countdown, and I was surprised that he was practicing it. One of the best fighters in the UFC is going to bring this form to prominence!

@6:35

Martin Wheeler is known as the best systema practitioner in the world, it would be cool if Conor mentions him by name.

Systema is an ancient russian martial art that focuses on movement, and passive touching to control an opponent.

I was watching the countdown, and I was surprised that he was practicing it. One of the best fighters in the UFC is going to bring this form to prominence!

@6:35

Martin Wheeler is known as the best systema practitioner in the world, it would be cool if Conor mentions him by name.
[youtube]oiF5G0cZea4[/youtube]

Nope

how is that systema?

is that second video serious?

yes.. Wheeler teaches systema and makes pretty good money. They go at half speed since he doesn't want to hurt newbies.

Conor is trying to replicate some techniques in the first video. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries it out in the fight

Thats not systema. Thats Ido Portal movement training.

Looks like complete horseshit.

Jesus, that second video. There's a sucker born every minute, I guess.

Is this the same as the random person who comes into every martial arts gym and says that they can only do so much because if they went full speed it would kill people?

yes.. Wheeler teaches systema and makes pretty good money. They go at half speed since he doesn't want to hurt newbies.

Conor is trying to replicate some techniques in the first video. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries it out in the fight

people don't behave like the "attacker" in that video at all though lol... that was more like two people putting on a dance routine than anything else

We'll see how revolutionary all this stuff is after tomorrow.

vanilla-ice-stop-collaborate-and-listen.jpeg

Are all self defense martial art based on the fact that people throw themselves at you ?

Doesn't anyone stand still and punch anymore ? They just jump in ?

What the hell did I just watch? It's was just a few steps away from that con-artist Japanese sensei that used kai force to knock down his students by merely pointing at them.

That second video is gold!

in all seriousness that 2nd video is ridiculous... it makes "Sensei" Seagal look legit lol

What the hell did I just watch? It's was just a few steps away from that con-artist Japanese sensei that used kai force to knock down his students by merely pointing at them.

Thankfully that dude got obliterated by an mma fighter.

Back