Is Conor actually the favorite against Eddie?

Quillroots

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Conor was a really big featherweight, but an average or maybe even small lightweight

Conor and Eddie are the same height and Eddie has more strength and muscle mass

Conor is a better rangier striker (74 in reach vs 69 in reach), but Eddie's strength/technique gives him the edge in clench/wrestling/BJJ

Eddie has said numerous times "He's never fought a guy like me" and "He gases after 8 minutes, every time"- and has said he has never fought wrestlers, which implies his strategy will to try and close the distance and grind out Conor and expose his weakness, or at least not let him use his strength which is his range/precision

I believe by judging Eddie's body language, he truly believes he is the better fighter, and wont play into the mind games like Jose/Porier and others have

Right now its something like -130ish (Conor) and +115ish (Eddie)

On Paper it feels like Eddie is the favorite, but most of the money is betting on Conor. Do you agree Conor is favorite? how do you see this fight playing out?

82eda70f17b9730f4438ad9c20e0ff53.jpg

301_Rafael_Dos_Anjos_vs_Eddie_Alvarez.0.0.jpg

I'm not surprised mother fucker. Conor is the GOAT and GOAT stands for Greatest of all time

Stocky wrestler with an overhand. Conor has been beating those guys all his life.

Conor is big favorite over that split decisioner

Conor is the favorite, I'm not surprised.

I hope Conor is the favorite and the gap becomes wider. I want to see Alvarez as the biggest underdog possible in terms of betting lines.

I was surprised at all the cred eddie has been getting after the RDA fight since his ufc endeavour has been meh really. then I watched the fight and I still dont get it...it was by definition a lucky punch.

RDA would be a tougher fight for Conor.

I was surprised at all the cred eddie has been getting after the RDA fight since his ufc endeavour has been meh really. then I watched the fight and I still dont get it...it was by definition a lucky punch.

RDA would be a tougher fight for Conor.
how is it a lucky punch lol eddie planned to throw and land a punch on the chin and he did

Conor was a really big featherweight, but an average or maybe even small lightweight

Conor is a better rangier striker (74 in reach vs 69 in reach), but Eddie's strength/technique gives him the edge in clench/wrestling/BJJ

Eddie has said numerous times "He's never fought a guy like me" and "He gases after 8 minutes, every time"- and has said he has never fought wrestlers, which implies his strategy will to try and close the distance and grind out Conor and expose his weakness, or at least not let him use his strength which is his range/precision

I believe by judging Eddie's body language, he truly believes he is the better fighter, and wont play into the mind games like Jose/Porier and others have

On Paper it feels like Eddie is the favorite, but most of the money is betting on Conor. Do you agree Conor is favorite? how do you see this fight playing out?

shhh-carousel.jpg

let those conor nutsuckers put their money on Conor.
Once the odds are good enough, actual MMA fans will place their sure bets on Eddie.

shhh-carousel.jpg

Once the odds are good enough, actual MMA fans will place their sure bets on Eddie.
As they placed their sure bets on Aldo ? Diaz 2 ?

We go through this all the time on the board here. The betting favorite is just set to try to get equal money to bet on both sides of the bet. Conor is the betting favorite b/c people like to put money on Conor. The fact that Conor is -130 tells me this is about a coin flip fight in general.

When I saw them face off yesterday I didn't see two guys that were the same height.

shhh-carousel.jpg

Actually no. I've lost a fair amount betting against him (Dustin/Mendes/Aldo) and I didn't bet Diaz first fight because of 10 day notice. I'll stick to rooting against him, so at least if he wins it won't sting twice as much since my wallet doesn't take the hit.

before.jpeg oh and conor is taller.

shhh-carousel.jpg

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel. I do think Conor has a good chance to win since his striking is better, but I don't think Conor's wrestling/ground game has been tested enough, and I think Eddie will test it, even though he's not as good a wrestler as Chad, I think he gets him up against the fence and drags him to the ground.

I'm not confident enough to bet at +115. To me it's almost a coinflip. I think the odds might get as high as +170 for Eddie, in which case I'll definitely be putting a bet down.

Back