Is concentrated orange juice just sugar and unhealthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, this turned into quite the debate.

I dont see this attacking mentality you speak of on this forum but whatever, you can never please everyone with your advice/actions and so be it! each to their own as they say.

Oh, I didn't even mean anything like that, I was simply offering up a low carb breakfast possibility besides eggs, the idea being that large amounts of carbohydrates are detrimental to heart health. Greek yogurt has high protein and very low carbs.

greek yogurt and mixed berries is the sex btw!

I got up to reading about eating my car keys and got bored. Really though, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. The debate can go back and forth for eternity. I agree with you on the point that it isn't the most optimal choice, but neither is peanut butter. Would you be a less happy human if I said XTrainer you are no longer allowed to eat it? Probably. It may be the same scenerio for him, to where a glass of OJ makes his day who knows? I get a hint of that from his posts. The guy makes excuses to drink it, even so much as saying he will just lower the amount he consumes. You don't find psychological benefits to be healthy? If I don't enjoy what i'm consuming then I struggle to eat it. We are debating two opposite sides of the spectrum.

I got up to reading about eating my car keys and got bored. Really though, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. The debate can go back and forth for eternity. Not really, since there is a right answer. I agree with you on the point that it isn't the most optimal choice, but neither is peanut butter. I just said that. Would you be a less happy human if I said XTrainer you are no longer allowed to eat it? Depends...if I am able to substitute something better, yes. If not, no. Since anyone can substitute water, whole fruit, etc. for fruit juice, it shouldn't be a factor. And you're also putting PB on the same level as juice, whereas nutritionally, PB has a lot of redeeming value on the macro level (high protein/fat, low carb, satiety, etc.), and juice does not. Probably. It may be the same scenerio for him, to where a glass of OJ makes his day who knows? Fine, but don't let him kid himself into thinking it's actually healthy for him.I get a hint of that from his posts. The guy makes excuses to drink it, even so much as saying he will just lower the amount he consumes. You don't find psychological benefits to be healthy? Eating unhealthy things because it feels good is one of the main health-related problems facing the Western world, so, no, that hypothesis doesn't stand. No matter how happy it makes you, the food acts the same way physiologically. If I don't enjoy what i'm consuming then I struggle to eat it. Okay.We are debating two opposite sides of the spectrum. Spectrum of what?

In RED.

The right answer you speak of is just your opinion. There are many "experts" who would agree with you and many who would disagree with you. You continue to miss the whole picture and write paragraphs on why you are correct. Whatever makes you happy. ;)

No, opinions are about questions of preference or belief (Do you like chocolate or vanilla?).

Health and performance are not subjective: Dietary practices are objectively beneficial to health or performance goals, or they are not. Preference plays no part in physiological reality.

People can be wrong about matters of fact (including myself and this matter), but that doesn't make the issue about opinion, which would imply that everyone's ideas about the subject were equally valid.

Health and performance are not subjective: Dietary practices are objectively beneficial to health or performance goals, or they are not. Preference plays no part in physiological reality.

Depending on the rest of his diet orange juice can be beneficial or detrimental to his performance. How is this not subjective?

Depending on the rest of his diet orange juice can be beneficial or detrimental to his performance. How is this not subjective?

Because no one one's opinions have any bearing on that effect, whatever it may be, it is physiological and occurs independent of anyone's feelings about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back