Is Colby Covington the most hated man in the UFC ?

After his recent outburst at the patriotic Brazilian people calling them and i quote "Filthy Animals".

After taking a Boomerang hit and then making the participant in said attack pay a hefty $600 fine.

After slaying down Ben Stiller who is trying hard to make one more good comeback run on FOX.

After telling every noob, virgin and force using wannabe the real secret's of the day.

Who could be more hated than the GOAT and if you do hate someone more than Colby then who would that be and why ?

colby-covington-ufc-fight-night-119-shrug.jpg

colby-covington-ufc-on-fox-22-1.jpg

usa_today_9751952.0.jpg
LOL @ HATED

he is unknown in the mma world
No one outside of the forums probably know who he is

he's hated for being a try hard

I really don't think anyone cares enough to hate him.

Just... wishes he would choose to shut up more often than he chooses not to shut up.

I really don't think anyone cares enough to hate him.

Just... wishes he would choose to shut up more often than he chooses not to shut up.

very true, not a fan of the term "hating". "hating" implies irrationality. more like "recognizing" him for being a "try hard".

MikalP - "I really don't think anyone cares enough to hate him."

Your last 8 posts are all about Colby and you say nobody cares enough to hate him...

1. Is Colby Covington the most hated man in the UFC ?
    I really don't think anyone cares enough to hate him. Just... wishes he would choose to shut up more often than he chooses not to shut up.
    Post by: MikalP, 5 minutes ago in forum: UFC Discussion

2. Post
    Is Colby Covington the most hated man in the UFC ?
    Dude tries way too hard to make everything into controversy. He's too cringey. I don't think people care enough about him to "hate" him. He's just...
    Post by: MikalP, 14 minutes ago in forum: UFC Discussion

3. Post
    Colby Covington and Kenny trade shots on twitter after Woodley destroys him on a fox segment
    People were making Ben Stiller jokes about Kenny Florian in like 2006
    Post by: MikalP, Today at 2:04 AM in forum: UFC Discussion

4. Post
    Colby Covington and Kenny trade shots on twitter after Woodley destroys him on a fox segment
    Not a single person calls Kenny Florian their hero. Colby is just an inbred jackass who is one tweet away from having another mental breakdown...
    Post by: MikalP, Yesterday at 10:42 PM in forum: UFC Discussion

5. Post
    or maybe people just find him annoying?
    Post by: MikalP, Yesterday at 8:08 PM in forum: UFC Discussion

6. Post
    Post by: MikalP, Yesterday at 8:07 PM in forum: UFC Discussion

7. Post
    You're 5'7", 120lbs in real life. You're perma-triggered.
    Post by: MikalP, Yesterday at 5:26 PM in forum: UFC Discussion

8. Post
    Colby starts shit with Werdum Colby fans: "WHY IS WERDUM PICKING FIGHTS WITH A SMALLER GUY" Colby starts shit with an old, retired FW Colby fans:...
    Post by: MikalP, Yesterday at 5:17 PM in forum: UFC Discussion

giphy.gif

Last edited:
There was a time when there was a great deal of diversity in the popularity among UFC fighters. You had your popular heels, but you also had your extremely popular "good dudes" who had the attitude of the traditional mixed martial artist...integrity, honor, respect.

These days it seems like the fan base has thrown their full-throated embrace behind the disrespectful, shit-talking, heel...a Trump'esque persona of "say whatever it takes to appeal to the lowest common denominator".

As an MMA fan for the past 20 years these cookie cutter "villains" just don;t appeal to me. It all seems so contrived and choreographed and...well...fake.

The only people that seem to like Colby are poor and uneducated American trailer trash bigots.

hes hilarious

He may not be naturally adept at it

but, he Is playing the game to the best of his ability.

this is THE GAME

and you have to play it BITCHES

hes hilarious

He may not be naturally adept at it

but, he Is playing the game to the best of his ability.

this is THE GAME

and you have to play it BITCHES

Except he's not hilarious.

Mike Perry says some funny shit. Conor says some funny shit. Chael says some funny shit.

Colby just acts like an inbred bigot and you love it.... probably because you live in a trailer.

Except he's not hilarious.

Mike Perry says some funny shit. Conor says some funny shit. Chael says some funny shit.

Colby just acts like an inbred bigot and you love it.... probably because you live in a trailer.
No, I'm just much much smarter than you. To the point where I live In a completely different universe to you.

and I understand that his "game" Is mostly an act.

So In that sense, I find him entertaining because I take him with a grain of salt.

You should consider developing a brain.

No, I'm just much much smarter than you. To the point where I live In a completely different universe to you.

and I understand that his "game" Is mostly an act.

So In that sense, I find him entertaining because I take him with a grain of salt.

You should consider developing a brain.

Of course you're much smarter.

That's why you're falling head over heels in love with an "act."

Of course you're much smarter.

That's why you're falling head over heels in love with an "act."
Finding someone hilarious when you understand the game they're playing = falling head over heels with a human.

I believe you take things a little too seriously bruh

That's the trouble when you lack the ability to think I suppose.

Like I said. This is THE GAME. and you have to play it.

I will never hate on someone for doing so

Finding someone hilarious when you understand the game they're playing = falling head over heels with a human.

I believe you take things a little too seriously bruh

That's the trouble when you lack the ability to think I suppose.

Like I said. This is THE GAME. and you have to play it.

I will never hate on someone for doing so

I love how you keep saying "understand the game they're playing" as if it's something new and only you're in on it ..... lmao

Sorry to break it to you buddeh but pro wrestling has been around for decades. It's nothing new and even five year old children understand it.

I was just going to make a thread asking if this guys trolling is actually working on people? I'm still kind of indifferent about him, but then again I'm not Brazilian, I don't care much about boomerangs, and I haven't cared about Star wars since I was 10.

To be honest with you, the most annoying thing I can find about Colby is his fighting style—now that's annoying, but I've seen worse fighting styles.

I don't know he's just another relentless wrestler to me.

There was a time when there was a great deal of diversity in the popularity among UFC fighters. You had your popular heels, but you also had your extremely popular "good dudes" who had the attitude of the traditional mixed martial artist...integrity, honor, respect.

These days it seems like the fan base has thrown their full-throated embrace behind the disrespectful, shit-talking, heel...a Trump'esque persona of "say whatever it takes to appeal to the lowest common denominator".

As an MMA fan for the past 20 years these cookie cutter "villains" just don;t appeal to me. It all seems so contrived and choreographed and...well...fake.

Exactly. What he's doing is so damn obvious that it's almost impossible to really stir up any feelings of hate or dislike for the guy--It's just more of the same. We've had more effective trolls on sherdog.

Your last 8 posts are all about Colby and you say nobody cares enough to

Lmao holy shit 8 posts in 2 threads!!! The madness!! Quick posts on Sherdog isn't synonymous with hate guy. Stop being a tryhard.

You're about as investigative as Colby is when it comes to people blocking him on twitter.

I'll admit that spoiling star wars for people was rough, but I'll always dislike a guy like Woodley who earns my disgust through his actions more than Colby trying to do it with his words.

Back