Is Cody Garbrandt the only fighter to have knocked down every single one of his opponents?

He was tho
Nah, he really wasn't. He was absolutely not dominating at all. Until the end when TJ opened up to attempt and win the round and got caught it was pretty competitive. Second round TJ fucked your homoerotic man crush up indefinitely.

Knocking someone out for the count >>>>>> knocking someone down briefly

It wasn’t hard to call for anyone that followed both fighters. The “smack beforehand” means nothing. Maybe that’s important to you but it isn’t to most fans, nor the UFC. Garbrandt gets one good win and he’s next up for a title shot because he’s marketable. That’s reality.

Reality is, he's probably up next. Secondly, you knew jack shit. Thirdly, the smack meant something to TJ. Maybe you couldn't see it cause you're hugging some CoGar balls?

Reality is, he's probably up next. Secondly, you knew jack shit. Thirdly, the smack meant something to TJ. Maybe you couldn't see it cause you're hugging some CoGar balls?

I picked TJ to win before the fight. All the signs were there. The line was damn near even, I’m not sure why you think that was some Nostradamus level prediction other than you are simply clueless.

Who cares if pre-fight talk mattered to TJ? The reality is Cody is one good win away from a title shot if TJ isn’t ducking. That speaks more to how much the fight set him back then whether TJ’s feeling were hurt by pre-fight bad blood. Now stop swiping right on TJ’s Tinder profile for a couple days.

Thats common around here

That and "he was winning before he gassed"

Any educated fan of combat sports understands that both of those observations are legitimate. And, in certain cases, absolutely accurate. It's part of what makes MMA so exciting.

A fighter can go from being on the bad end of two 10-8 rounds to landing one well-placed punch, or locking in one well-timed submission, and coming out the victor.

Carwin vs. Lesnar is probably the poster boy for "winning until he gassed". And the first Silva vs. Sonnen is probably the poster boy for "winning until he lost".

I picked TJ to win before the fight. All the signs were there. The line was damn near even, I’m not sure why you think that was some Nostradamus level prediction other than you are simply clueless.

Who cares if pre-fight talk mattered to TJ? The reality is Cody is one good win away from a title shot if TJ isn’t ducking. That speaks more to how much the fight set him back then whether TJ’s feeling were hurt by pre-fight bad blood. Now stop swiping right on TJ’s Tinder profile for a couple days.

The big issue really is that the UFC is hotter on him than on TJ seeing a McGregor mk2 so he's likely to get an easy path back to the belt even after a definitive loss than Dillashaw did after a closely contested spilt decision.

The big issue really is that the UFC is hotter on him than on TJ seeing a McGregor mk2 so he's likely to get an easy path back to the belt even after a definitive loss than Dillashaw did after a closely contested spilt decision.

Perhaps although Cody doesn’t have the personality to be a McGregor like star. They made up for TJ’s long wait by gifting him an immediate shot at the belt in a division he has never fought in.

giphy.gif
Ahh....I could watch that shit all day
<{anton}>

People sleep on his skills because he's a gigantic ass clown

But facts are Cody is one of the most skilled and athletic BWs in the sport

Dominating Cruz is no joke man and at 26 he isn't going anywhere for a long time

Cody is a douche but he is one hell of a fighter and Sherdog shouldn't forget that

Back