Is cannibal corpse overrated?

They are awesome if you talk about their music, they still produce massive tunes but live they are far from the best I've seen. I must have seen them 5 or 6 times and most of the times Mazurkiewiezc was off beat.

But still today, Webster and O'Brian kick asses and Corpsegrinder has some of the best DM vocals damn it. They should have a new album in 2017.
Homeboy has major back problems. He is always off live now.

Homeboy has major back problems. He is always off live now.

Well he was off too when I saw them live in 1994 for the bleeding tour. The band opening CC that night was Cynic though, that kind of raises the bar high as fuck if you talk about musicianship. Sinister were there too that night, touring for Diabolical summonings. Great fucking gig \m/

From their last album

Pat O'Brian songwriting at its best

<5>

?1?:mad:?1?

Cannibal Corpse has some great stuff, Post Mortal Ejaculation, Unleashing the Bloodthirsty, Pit of Zombies, Scourge of Iron...Webster and O'Brien are great musicians - former member Owens is too, he just has this onstage style that looks as if he's bored af, but the dude can play.

As far as my favorite death metal band, I'm more a fan of Deicide (Hoffman brothers' era, first three albums) and Morbid Angel. I'm looking forward to MA's new album now that Tucker is back, Formulas is one of my favorites, up there with the first two albums which are masterpieces. Not sure wtf is going on with David Vincent, from MA to Genitorturers and now country music.

I think death metal is way overrated. Dismember is good, Behemoth is good if you count it as dm, but otherwise it's quite dull.

Then again it's ages since I listened to any death, so IDK.

What bands would you say are better Death Metal bands?

Geniunely curious, not trying to condescend. I'm willing to try to broaden my horizons.

I like metal, but I could never really get into those kinds of bands.
Some of these bands are grindcore but deal with it. :rolleyes:

Necrophagist "Epitaph" and "Onset Of Putrefaction"

Anything by Behemoth, especially "Zos Kia Cultus" and "Demigod"

Anything by Nile especially "Annihilation Of The Wicked"

Cattle Decapitation "Monolith Of Inhumanity" "The Harvest Floor" and "Karma.Bloody.Karma"

Cryptopsy "None So vile" and "Once Was Not

Hate Eternal "Fury and Flames" and "Phoenix amongst the ashes"

Origin, especially "Antithesis" "Entity" and "Omnipresent"

Soilent Green, especially "Inevitable Collapse In The Presence Of Conviction" "Confrontation" and "Sewn mouth Secrets"

Amogh Symphony, Blotted Science, Ice Field Kingdom, and Behold... The Arctopus (Instrumental bands)

More bands:

Rings Of Saturn
Between The Buried And Me
The Project Hate MCMXCIX
Cephalic Carnage
Nasum
Rotten Sound
Obscura
Suffocation
Kill the Client
Gaza
Opeth
Skinless
Revocation
Leng T'che
Meshuggah
Inevitable End
Genghis Tron
Decapitated

I think death metal is way overrated. Dismember is good, Behemoth is good if you count it as dm, but otherwise it's quite dull.

Then again it's ages since I listened to any death, so IDK.

Behemoth are actually overrated IMO. Not bad but not even top 50 in my book. Dismember, dreaming in red was one of my fave tune when I was a kid.

You guys should try Serpentine dominion @scorpipede

All star band feat Corpsegrinder, Shannon the former drummer of TBDM and the guitarist from Killswitch engaged. At first I was like WTF but their album is a fucking masterpiece!

Behemoth are actually overrated IMO. Not bad but not even top 50 in my book. Dismember, dreaming in red was one of my fave tune when I was a kid.

You guys should try Serpentine dominion @scorpipede

All star band feat Corpsegrinder, Shannon the former drummer of TBDM and the guitarist from Killswitch engaged. At first I was like WTF but their album is a fucking masterpiece!

self-titled, yeah?

agreed. rocks my shit.

Death metal is not for everyone but still manages to stick around and not evolve too much. (full disclosure: that's a paraphrase of something @SimonNova pointed out to me a while back.) It doesn't have to. It seems to speak to enough people that it perpetuates it's spot in the music world and never sells out. It's metal. :winkyface:

overrated

but so is cannabis corpse. but they're a joke band so..

MANOWAR is definitely the GOAT in other news.

Some of these bands are grindcore but deal with it. :rolleyes:

Necrophagist "Epitaph" and "Onset Of Putrefaction"

Anything by Behemoth, especially "Zos Kia Cultus" and "Demigod"

Anything by Nile especially "Annihilation Of The Wicked"

Cattle Decapitation "Monolith Of Inhumanity" "The Harvest Floor" and "Karma.Bloody.Karma"

Cryptopsy "None So vile" and "Once Was Not

Hate Eternal "Fury and Flames" and "Phoenix amongst the ashes"

Origin, especially "Antithesis" "Entity" and "Omnipresent"

Soilent Green, especially "Inevitable Collapse In The Presence Of Conviction" "Confrontation" and "Sewn mouth Secrets"

Amogh Symphony, Blotted Science, Ice Field Kingdom, and Behold... The Arctopus (Instrumental bands)

More bands:

Rings Of Saturn
Between The Buried And Me
The Project Hate MCMXCIX
Cephalic Carnage
Nasum
Rotten Sound
Obscura
Suffocation
Kill the Client
Gaza
Opeth
Skinless
Revocation
Leng T'che
Meshuggah
Inevitable End
Genghis Tron
Decapitated

I waited to be home to revisit this great post. Btw great nickname, I was all for F5 pcp tornadoes as a kid, lol.

A few comments about some of the bands you mentionned.

Necrophagist : classis, Muhammed ftw

Nile : awesome band, Annihilation and Detest are my fave albums, I think the last one was a kind of a letdown though

Cattle Decapitation : incredible band, top 5 for me, Travis easily one of the best vocalist out there, cool guy too. Strange that you didnt mention their last album though, anthropocene, as its their best album, even better than monolith and easily one of my top 5 extreme metal album ever.

Cryptopsy : another of my fave, been a fan since their beginning. I dont really like Once was not though, I'd take whisper supremacy before. Btw, the unspoken king sucked asses but they are fucking back, the self titled album from 2012 totaly slays and the book of suffering tome 1 too, be sure to check these out.

Hate Eternal : Rutan is a monster, brutal vocals, fucking brutal band, but he produces his albums himself and for some reason, he cant find a way to give a good prod quality to his own band! Fury and ashes sound like they were recorded underwater ffs especially fury. I, monarch, sounded better back then.

Obscura : I am a fan but I never got into their last album. If you like Kummerer, check out his hommage to dissection band Thulcandra, AWESOME.

Suffocation : Nothing else to add really, legends, one of the best live band, I mean they SLAY CC live. Pierced from within probably the best DM album ever.

Skinless : Life sucks, and then you die!

Decapitated : RIP Vitek, I've been listening to The Negation a lot lately.

Last edited:
Back