Is cannibal corpse overrated?

Barnes probably had some of the most decipherable Cookie Monster vocals in the genre and I hate that vocal style.

The bleeding is a great album Barnes was better than corpse grinder they were the band that kind of put death metal on the map defenantly not the best ever though

The best selling death metal band. Usually the most popular of any genre gets hate and is labeled overrated. If you feel like they are, why? Also who would you say the death metal GOAT is?

Carcass>>>CANibal Corpse

Obituary is much better too.

The bleeding is a great album Barnes was better than corpse grinder they were the band that kind of put death metal on the map defenantly not the best ever though

Morbid Angel was big before them and in my opinion was the band that opened up the doors for Death Metal. Corpse was/is huge too and has been around for a while but they were kind of a cult following type of band back in the early 90's while Morbid was a bigger name.

When I think of the 1st 'Death Metal' band that everyone had at least heard of around then, Morbid Angel and Napalm Death are always the ones that hit home. Tho Napalm isn't exactly death metal per se.

Love them. People say generic, but they were doing their own specific style when EBTL cane out in 89. Sure, their albums lately haven't evolved, but they are who they are. Consistent.

Plus, I used to go biking with Alex and a mutual friend. Really nice guy, and great bassist. Listen to his stuff in Blotted Science, guys who didn't know. You all might like it.

The boys from norfolk (england) are my faves. and obviously thats cradle of filth..

It's what I listen to while mountain biking now. He is really proud of his work on those albums too.
Tell him to hurry his ass up and release a new album!! :rolleyes:

Amogh Symphony and Sleep Terror are also good instrumental metal bands.

<5>

cannibal corpse are kind of like generic, cookie-cutter death metal band, in that they play very standard death metal.

Hasn't Cannibal Corpse been around a lot longer than Mornid Angel? I mean, they kind of pioneered Death Metal. So of course the newer bands are going to build on that. You wouldn't discount Royce Gracie's UFC championships just because the new generation of fighters would kill him, would you? Wait, I guess most people here would.

Still, I don't think anyone would expect Babe Ruth to be as successful a hitter against today's pitchers. That doesn't mean he wasn't good for his time.

Hasn't Cannibal Corpse been around a lot longer than Mornid Angel? I mean, they kind of pioneered Death Metal. So of course the newer bands are going to build on that. You wouldn't discount Royce Gracie's UFC championships just because the new generation of fighters would kill him, would you? Wait, I guess most people here would.

Still, I don't think anyone would expect Babe Ruth to be as successful a hitter against today's pitchers. That doesn't mean he wasn't good for his time.

morbid angel's first official album came out in 1989. according to wikipedia, cannibal corpse's first album came out in 1990. if you talk to most people who are big into the metal scene, the majority of fans and musicians would place morbid angel's albums as more important than those of cannibal corpse, especially the first two morbid angel albums.

been listening to them forever.

@SimonNova ??? what choo think?

personally, I only rate razors, pizza and bluetooth devices.

They are awesome if you talk about their music, they still produce massive tunes but live they are far from the best I've seen. I must have seen them 5 or 6 times and most of the times Mazurkiewiezc was off beat.

But still today, Webster and O'Brian kick asses and Corpsegrinder has some of the best DM vocals damn it. They should have a new album in 2017.

Love me a bit of CC, didnt always though.

Nile and Necrophagist are better.

morbid angel's first official album came out in 1989. according to wikipedia, cannibal corpse's first album came out in 1990. if you talk to most people who are big into the metal scene, the majority of fans and musicians would place morbid angel's albums as more important than those of cannibal corpse, especially the first two morbid angel albums.
Damn. I didn't know Morbid Angel was that old. I'm not really a fan of either except for a few songs, which is probably obvious.

One of the best live experiences... Absolutely brutal, really tight, no frills, just destruction.

They are good at what they do, but there are much more talented death metal bands out there.

What bands would you say are better Death Metal bands?

Geniunely curious, not trying to condescend. I'm willing to try to broaden my horizons.

I like metal, but I could never really get into those kinds of bands.

Back