Is Canelo the Definitive Face of Boxing?

Your favorite guy lost so everything about Canelo sucks and/or is corrupt.

My favourite guy??

Ahhh did you just make an assumption?

I didn't even watch the whole fight yet, only seen a few highlights, GGG is far from my favourite, I'm also not a fanboy of any boxer apart from myself so yeah, you are well off the mark.

I think if the question needs to be asked if someone is the face of a sport, they probably aren't. Kinda how Mario was the face of Nintendo and no one ever asked if the he was or wasn't, everyone just knew. Hell, he still kinda is.

Nintendo has so many heavy hitters; but yes I'd give it to Mario.

I feel that being the face of a sport is being the first athlete that comes to mind when anyone thinks about a particular sport, along with having heavy influence and respect within the sport. Canelo and AJ are very popular active Boxers, but I would more quickly see Floyd or Manny as a debatable face of Boxing than them.

This is purely anecdotal, but I've only run into a handful of people who even know who Canelo or GGG is, and I've never met anyone who knows about AJ. However, I know a lot of people who know about Floyd, Pac, Hopkins, etc.

I agree, people who don't too much follow boxing should be familiar with whoever becomes the face of boxing. Boxing is mainstream enough of a sport where even casual fans can be aware of you, as they were aware of Floyd, Tyson, Leonard, Ali, etc.

The answer is yes.

I feel that being the face of a sport is being the first athlete that comes to mind when anyone thinks about a particular sport, along with having heavy influence and respect within the sport. Canelo and AJ are very popular active Boxers, but I would more quickly see Floyd or Manny as a debatable face of Boxing than them.

This is purely anecdotal, but I've only run into a handful of people who even know who Canelo or GGG is, and I've never met anyone who knows about AJ. However, I know a lot of people who know about Floyd, Pac, Hopkins, etc.
Most people know who Canelo is.
Hard to say you could walk up to a 21 year old who knows who Hopkins is but not Canelo.
But yes most ppl at least in America knows who Canelo is.

My favourite guy??

Ahhh did you just make an assumption?

I didn't even watch the whole fight yet, only seen a few highlights, GGG is far from my favourite, I'm also not a fanboy of any boxer apart from myself so yeah, you are well off the mark.
<DontBelieve1>

Don't care what you believe, search my posts regarding GGG and see for yourself.

If GGG was my guy I'd say it here and now, I barely watch the MW div as I'm a Cruiser weight, I'm more interested in what the heavier guys are doing and even then, I fan boy no one, I have my favourites but I don't fan on anyone.

As of right now my favs are ..........

Joshua
Wilder
Usyk
Gassiev

Case closed
I cant believe its even a question right now. His live gates and PPVs are literally a majority of the highest ever.

Don't care what you believe, search my posts regarding GGG and see for yourself.

If GGG was my guy I'd say it here and now, I barely watch the MW div as I'm a Cruiser weight, I'm more interested in what the heavier guys are doing and even then, I fan boy no one, I have my favourites but I don't fan on anyone.

As of right now my favs are ..........

Joshua
Wilder
Usyk
Gassiev

Do you choose to be a cruiserweight or is heavyweight too big for your current size? Cruiserweight just always seemed like an awkward weight class to me.

Back