Is Broner's career done?

People seriously thought he was going to beat Garcia and he'd finally got serious this time, so there's no telling if they'll be duped again

It was done after the Maidana fight

I don't know if work ethic is as big an issue with Broner as people make it out to be. He's just not nearly as talented as people originally thought (and he's got very poor fight IQ).
i don't know, i think physically he's got all the talent in the world. he's explosive, he's very powerful, his conditioning is good when he's in shape. and to be fair, his technique is really good, as well. his issue is that he has no IQ whatsoever, fight or otherwise.

the man can fight but he's an idiot.

the dude has a problem keeping in shape when he's not fighting, and spends more time focusing on losing weight than training

He's got no discipline, he's needs a mentor like a Bernard Hopkins or some shit to keep him off the doritoes and milkshakes and alcohol

I think Broner and Roach would be a really fun match. Freddie brings the best offensive abilities out of guys, imo, I think that if Broner stopped trying to be smart and just went seek and destroy on motherfuckers, he'd be pretty fucking dangerous and exciting.

i don't know, i think physically he's got all the talent in the world. he's explosive, he's very powerful, his conditioning is good when he's in shape. and to be fair, his technique is really good, as well. his issue is that he has no IQ whatsoever, fight or otherwise.

the man can fight but he's an idiot.

I agree mostly but talent is not skill. He has loads of natural talent and never bothered gaining the skill to back it up. Great reflexes make for a great counter puncher but defense is a skill not a natural gift and he doesn't have any. He looks amazing against cans and horrible against top tier talent. He isn't smart enough or skilled enough to beat guys on the level he SHOULD be on himself.

Well... it wasn't off to a great start when Maidana said he was able to glean insight from how Gavin f'n Rees was able to land looping overhand rights on Broner.

People seriously thought he was going to beat Garcia and he'd finally got serious this time, so there's no telling if they'll be duped again

I think he did get serious but it certainly didn't make any difference at all. At his absolute best he is still no match for really good fighters.

C+/B- Level fighter imo. Completely out of his depth against the cream of the crop.

Back