Is Bray Wyatt Done As A Main Eventer?

Is Bray Wyatt Done As A Credible Main Eventer?

• Total voters
Also when are they going to introduce Sister Abigail (Aka the rebirth of Kane)

He's too interesting/intriguing of a character to probably ever be done completely. However, he'd be a lot more credible and probably a bigger draw if they actually let him win a big feud for once. They probably think making him WWE Champion for a month made some kind of difference, but it didn't. They finally had a good thing going and they blew it for another boring Randy Orton title run. (which btw, has given us the two worst rated Smackdown episodes of the year, so ya, great job on the E's part.) The House Of Horrors match tonight is non-title, so Bray will probably win that, although he'll likely require help from Jinder f'n Mahal to do it.

I think the character also just exists in the wrong era. He's restricted by the PG rating, which doesn't allow them to go as dark as they probably could with it.

He's too interesting/intriguing of a character to probably ever be done completely. However, he'd be a lot more credible and probably a bigger draw if they actually let him win a big feud for once. They probably think making him WWE Champion for a month made some kind of difference, but it didn't. They finally had a good thing going and they blew it for another boring Randy Orton title run. (which btw, has given us the two worst rated Smackdown episodes of the year, so ya, great job on the E's part.) The House Of Horrors match tonight is non-title, so Bray will probably win that, although he'll likely require help from Jinder f'n Mahal to do it.

I think the character also just exists in the wrong era. He's restricted by the PG rating, which doesn't allow them to go as dark as they probably could with it.

I agree with some of your points here but I really don't get how the PG rating can be the scapegoat for everything. If people aren't doing everything possible within those limits, how can you say that's the true limiting factor ?

They should have kept him as this unstoppable end boss within the Wyatt family. Have everyone struggle just to get through Luke and Rowan, and then get demolished when they finally get to Bray. Having him lose quickly and endlessly didn't do his character any favors. Then they ran out of ideas for him so they rushed his whole sister Abigail story with randy, and it ended up being cheap and cheesy. Another "would be" character down the drain, after a few years of doing nothing. (He won the title, but he was already seen as a joke by then)

Vince likes hokey bs characters, and desperately wants an Undertaker 2.0 to fall in his lap so bray will in and out of the main event forever if he doesn't cause problems.

I really don't like the pseudo-supernatural turn he's taken. When the Wyatt family first came in, he was like a cult leader and Harper and Rowan would walk through glass for him. There was much, much less of the supernatural shit and it was more psychological and based on him manipulating people. That was really the gist of the Cena feud, that Cena didn't want Bray to manipulate his fans and, particularly, the young WWE fans. Now he's like magic or whatever, which begs the question why he'd ever lose if he's magic. The cult leader gimmick was great. I would have liked to see them build the Wyatt family with gimmicks that didn't get over. Take Curtis Axel and call him Joe Hennig and have him follow Bray because the WWE machine held him back. Etc. Instead we've got oogie-boogie-boo!

He's a talented guy and a good worker with a unique look - the round guy that can bounce around and do some cool shit - so I think there will be a place for him long term, and likely near the top of the card.

I really don't like the pseudo-supernatural turn he's taken. When the Wyatt family first came in, he was like a cult leader and Harper and Rowan would walk through glass for him. There was much, much less of the supernatural shit and it was more psychological and based on him manipulating people. That was really the gist of the Cena feud, that Cena didn't want Bray to manipulate his fans and, particularly, the young WWE fans. Now he's like magic or whatever, which begs the question why he'd ever lose if he's magic. The cult leader gimmick was great. I would have liked to see them build the Wyatt family with gimmicks that didn't get over. Take Curtis Axel and call him Joe Hennig and have him follow Bray because the WWE machine held him back. Etc. Instead we've got oogie-boogie-boo!

He's a talented guy and a good worker with a unique look - the round guy that can bounce around and do some cool shit - so I think there will be a place for him long term, and likely near the top of the card.

Seems like a natural progression ... guys like David Koresh or Jim Jones. Started out as backwoods preachers, basically ... wound up thinking they were Jesus / gonna meet up with some aliens after committing suicide. They weren't supernatural at all but talked a lot of supernatural shit. And despite literally everything falling apart they had people believing they were prophets up until the moment of their literal death (and probably some beyond that).

I think there's still room for this to be the arc for Bray's character. I mean, very little *actual* supernatural shit has gone on, especially if you consider stuff that just can't be explained away somehow (like say the projections at 'Mania were done by Mika, who literally actually did production work for 'Mania in real life, etc, etc).

And even if he is supposed to be actually supernatural, who cares. It's not like it made sense for Papa Shango or Kane or Undertaker to ever lose.

idk, I play video games, some supernatural things are weak as shit actually, lol

Seems like a natural progression ... guys like David Koresh or Jim Jones. Started out as backwoods preachers, basically ... wound up thinking they were Jesus / gonna meet up with some aliens after committing suicide. They weren't supernatural at all but talked a lot of supernatural shit. And despite literally everything falling apart they had people believing they were prophets up until the moment of their literal death (and probably some beyond that).

I think there's still room for this to be the arc for Bray's character. I mean, very little *actual* supernatural shit has gone on, especially if you consider stuff that just can't be explained away somehow (like say the projections at 'Mania were done by Mika, who literally actually did production work for 'Mania in real life, etc, etc).

And even if he is supposed to be actually supernatural, who cares. It's not like it made sense for Papa Shango or Kane or Undertaker to ever lose.

idk, I play video games, some supernatural things are weak as shit actually, lol

I care, that's why I brought it up. I liked the weirdo cult leader from the Bayou way better than the current character.

Yes, until he dumps the gimmick. It was cool at first, but booking totally neutered it.

I never viewed him as a credible main eventer. Bad booking, goofy character, short and fat . . . yeah, that's not a credible main eventer in my world.

If this were the Attitude Era, and you had actual creative talents directing the product, then maybe Bray could be a star, like Foley, but as it stands, no way.

The WWE seems to be in a position that we don't see much. There are a huge number of guys who could be given the Triple H/Cena treatment. Wyatt is one of them. Reigns has had this treatment for 4 years. Share it a little.

Its been a horrible joke for years now. I mean is he a creepy hillbilly or a ipster metal snowboarder for twelve year olds? Does he hang with Shaun white?

It's not looking good.

Back