Is Bisping angling for another superfight?

Likes to stay active?

When he sets into the cage it will be for the first time in almost exactly a year.
Not normal for him, but you didn't know he was injured? he fought 3 times within 8 months in 2016.

Not normal for him, but you didn't know he was injured? he fought 3 times within 8 months in 2016.
Yeah but it's kinda misleading because 1 fight was a short notice. But I can't hate on Bisping. He was a 3 fight a year guy for a while.

Woodley though fought 4 championship fights with training camps from July 16 to July 17 against the best the division had to offer. That should be applauded.

Last edited:
Yeah but there's kinda misleading because 1 fight was a short notice. But I can't hate in Bisping. He was a 3 fight a year guy for a while.

Woodley though fought 4 championship fights with training camps from July 16 to July 17 against the best the division had to offer. That should be applauded.
I applaud them both for it.

In the MW division, Bisping And Whittaker were the only active fighters in 2016, since the rest of the top guys really tried to avoid fighting each other.

Would enjoy "Bisping ducked Whittaker to fight Cormier. He's a pussy." threads.

I disagree. He'd just continue to get a crack at the strap like it's a hot potato. I don't think he beats Cormier without them so DC should be the established champ without any JJ nonsense. He barely got past a skinny viking on steroids.

I applaud them both for it.

In the MW division, Bisping And Whittaker were the only active fighters in 2016, since the rest of the top guys really tried to avoid fighting each other.
Romero would have been more active if not for his suspension

DC treats Bisping like this

tossingdough.gif

Mismatch. Bisping went life and death with ancient Hendo, and we saw what DC did to him.

Romero would have been more active if not for his suspension
Maybe, but 4 fights in 3 years (2015-2017) is hardly staying active, even with a 6 month suspension. He also refused to fight Luke.

Everyone is trying to duck each other and earn a titleshot by waiting, instead of beating the other top guys to earn it. None of them Are great talkers, so their strategy of dissing the champ in media to get a free shot doesn't work very well.

What Bisping says and does are very different things. Only one common factor: He wants to avoid the contenders in his division at all costs.

Big difference between fighting WW GSP after he's been gone for four years and a former HW who is the current paper LHW champ

Fixed.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

He wants to avoid the contenders in his division at all costs.
Not really. He is trying to cash out,and none of his contenders happen to be big money fights. The ufc encourages his behavior. They too want to make the most of him having that belt. If Yoel Romero was the biggest money fight he would fight him. He doesn't owe anyone shit.
All the fans have shit all over Bisping,and now act like he owes them something. If a fighter you liked was in his position youd probably cheer.

Not really. He is trying to cash out,and none of his contenders happen to be big money fights. The ufc encourages his behavior. They too want to make the most of him having that belt. If Yoel Romero was the biggest money fight he would fight him. He doesn't owe anyone shit.
All the fans have shit all over Bisping,and now act like he owes them something. If a fighter you liked was in his position youd probably cheer.

Well, he is the only overpaid fighter in the history of the UFC

He was getting paid more than most of the champions for over five years.

So forgive if I'm not on board with making excuses for him ducking contenders so he can cash out after being gifted a title shot as well.

Maybe, but 4 fights in 3 years (2015-2017) is hardly staying active, even with a 6 month suspension. He also refused to fight Luke.

Everyone is trying to duck each other and earn a titleshot by waiting, instead of beating the other top guys to earn it. None of them Are great talkers, so their strategy of dissing the champ in media to get a free shot doesn't work very well.
He didn't refuse Luke.

Luke wanted a 5 round fight and Romero wanted a 3.

Both were angling for an advantage so the fight never materialize.

It's disingenuous to say Romero was ducking him. Why didn't Rockhold fight him in a 3 rounder?

Back