Is Bill Maher A Closet Alt Righter?

According to your graph there aren't many places that force the hijab through law. It seems to be Saudi Arabia, Iran, Aceh in Indonesia and some region in Malaysia. Everywhere else it seems to be quite common to prevalent. In the prevalent areas it can be hard to tell how that social more is enforced.

Every place has social mores that are enforced informally by society and not the state but how this manifests is important. Do women face violence? Or just strong to moderate disapproval? We know that both are the case in various contexts but your graph doesn't really distinguish between those.

I've said before I prefer a society where women are encouraged to wear the burqa through moderate social pressure than forced to wear the hijab because of a threat of mob and/or state violence. Which is to say, I don't care as much what they wear as much as I do why they wear it.

Which, to be clear since I know some cunt will jump on me for this, I'm saying I approve of the burqa because I don't. The effect it has is like that of sunglasses, which prevents eye contact and reduces empathy, but likely far, far stronger and thus toxic for social interactions while also lacking the utility of sunglasses. But I still stand by the point I made.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obfuscate

"Definition of obfuscate
obfuscated
;
obfuscating
  1. transitive verb
  2. 1a : to throw into shadow : darkenb : to make obscure <obfuscate the issue> <officials who … continue to obscure and obfuscate what happened — Mary Carroll>

3. 2: confuse <obfuscate the reader>

4. intransitive verb
  5. : to be evasive, unclear, or confusing <The suspect oftenobfuscated during the interrogation.>
obfuscation
play\ˌäb-(ˌ)fə-ˈskā-shən\ noun
obfuscatory
play\äb-ˈfə-skə-ˌtȯr-ē, əb-\ adjective

"Did You Know?
To obfuscate something means to make it so that it isn't clear or transparent, much like dirty water makes it hard to see to the bottom of a pond. The verb shares its ob- root (meaning "over, completely") with obscure, another word that can refer to the act of concealing something or making it more difficult to see or understand. The rest of obfuscate comes from Latin fuscus, which means "dark brown" and is distantly related to our word dusk."

________

"al-Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (as) (The Sixth Imam of Ahlul-Bayt [family of the house of Muhammad]) said:

"al-Taqiyya is my religion, and the religion of my ancestors.”He (as)also said: "He who doesn’t practice al-Taqiyya, doesn't practice his religion."

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/al-taqiyya-dissimulation-part-3

Bill is a free thinking liberal which means he can have opinions different from the main party line. This is why he is against religion which tells you what to think and that you cannot question its wisdom. He is the only television guy I've ever seen just change his mind live on the spot because someone made a convincing argument.
He frequently has people of different viewpoints on and lets them speak instead of shouting them down like you might see on some other shows. This is because he believes that free speech is a main tenet of liberalism.

{<jimmies} So gotten too. I didn't mean to hit so close to home about the high school drop out thing and for that I apologize.
lol as much as I would love to stoop to your level and actually talk about my personal life to try and credential my statements, i'll leave that pathetic behavior to you

Do you believe in the very, very common areas (one step below mandatory) that women would actually feel safe from reprisal / governments will act impartially in cases where women have been attacked for not wearing? I see mob violence and blind judicial eyes being a real threat in some non mandatory states.
Let's look again at your chart
main-qimg-db098384ddfe7ee92241a8fe81c89ef8

I'm actually surprised that its not more common in most of the MENA. If you look where it is prevalent, it seems to be in the Muslim regions in the northern part of Sub-Saharan Africa as well as a few countries elsewhere like Yemen and Afghanistan. With the exception of Oman these countries all have weak states and are underdeveloped.

So I imagine what's at play is both that the societies are genuinely conservative(as is common in underdeveloped societies) and women have internalized within themselves the idea that not wearing the hijab is immodest and police themselves on top of the fear of mob violence which the state will be unwilling and/or unable to police because it barely exists to begin with. These are possibly mutually reinforcing currents in society.
Why are you pro encouraged to wear? Why not pro encouraged to wear whatever they want?
Because I understand that all societies have social mores enforced through society and I don't have a problem with that. In the US its not uncommon to see "no shirt, no shoes, no service" signs at gas stations and employers have gendered dress codes as do fancier restaurants.

In my view I don't have a problem with social mores being enforced as long as women don't face
  • Punishment from the state, however minor.
  • A statistically significant chance of violence, however unlikely.
  • Being refused access to essential services like housing, food, and healthcare.
I don't really have much sympathy for the position that women should be able to wear whatever they want whenever they want wherever they want. I don't believe that barring public nudity(except in the case of nursing mothers) or requiring a relatively modest dress code for your employees or having a minimum standard of dress for your consumers is some great form of oppression. If society doesn't care to do those things I won't cry from the high heavens about the decay and inevitable fall of society . But if it does, I don't care.

Sure, Muslim social mores are more strict. But to me its not about the strictness of the mores as it is the method of enforcing them.

These Sandernistas are as retarded as the Drumpfers. At least they have no political power.
Yeah, the Hillary supporters who backed an establishment candidate lacking any charisma or principles in an era driven by populist sentiment were far smarter. I mean, look how well it worked out in the end for the? Genius I tell ya.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obfuscate

"Definition of obfuscate
obfuscated
;
obfuscating
  1. transitive verb
  2. 1a : to throw into shadow : darkenb : to make obscure <obfuscate the issue> <officials who … continue to obscure and obfuscate what happened — Mary Carroll>

3. 2: confuse <obfuscate the reader>

4. intransitive verb
  5. : to be evasive, unclear, or confusing <The suspect oftenobfuscated during the interrogation.>
obfuscation
play\ˌäb-(ˌ)fə-ˈskā-shən\ noun
obfuscatory
play\äb-ˈfə-skə-ˌtȯr-ē, əb-\ adjective

"Did You Know?
To obfuscate something means to make it so that it isn't clear or transparent, much like dirty water makes it hard to see to the bottom of a pond. The verb shares its ob- root (meaning "over, completely") with obscure, another word that can refer to the act of concealing something or making it more difficult to see or understand. The rest of obfuscate comes from Latin fuscus, which means "dark brown" and is distantly related to our word dusk."

________

"al-Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (as) (The Sixth Imam of Ahlul-Bayt [family of the house of Muhammad]) said:

"al-Taqiyya is my religion, and the religion of my ancestors.”He (as)also said: "He who doesn’t practice al-Taqiyya, doesn't practice his religion."

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/al-taqiyya-dissimulation-part-3
{<BJPeen}

According to your graph there aren't many places that force the hijab through law. It seems to be Saudi Arabia, Iran, Aceh in Indonesia and some region in Malaysia.

Looks like Kelantan, but the hijab/tudung isn't mandatory there.

I suspect his response will be to walk back/deny that statement though I believe your question is a good one and highlights a sort of "thought-trap" that people trying to be open and inclusive frequently fall into
Cant tell if you agree with my original statement or not
Looks like Kelantan, but the hijab/tudung isn't mandatory there.
But is there some law there that might explain why it was included on the graph?
Hey, maybe he meant that the left went to a place called "far"

Ya never know man, he could be playing chess while you're playing checkers.

But is there some law there that might explain why it was included on the graph?

It's obligatory for Muslim women working in the service department while at work I think.
That's a pretty broad stretch for "mandatory" though.

It's obligatory for Muslim women working in the service department while at work I think.
That's a pretty broad stretch for "mandatory" though.
Yeah, big difference between that and Saudi Arabia.
He types like Jesus Freak
Whatever happened to him? I don't see him around anymore. Maybe he got consumed by his troll persona and his alt account became his primary one!

He's given a platform to closet nazi's like Milo.
If you're not punching Nazi's in the face, you are for Nazis and therefore against liberals (read: the good guys).

Okay you are a troll or a huge idiot.

Dump this thread.

Lol at accusing Bill Maher of being part of the Alt-right let alone a 'racist'.

Maher is a jew who hates muslims pretending to be an atheist. Push come to shove his nr 1 loyalty lays with Israel like every other jew
He was raised Catholic you retard. And yes I know about his Jewish mother.

Bill Maher is about as difficult to put a political label on as Ben Shapiro, Silus_2000 and SouthOfTheAndes. I don't think Ben Shapiro even voted and I wouldn't be surprised if Maher didn't either.

Shapiro is more right-leaning though.

I am liberal

If you've watched Bill Maher you will know he has a hysterical fear of Islam bolstered by his boyfriend failed Yogi Sam Harris, a well known Alt-right neo Nazi icon posing as a liberal. However, Maher was always careful to couch his bigotry inside of liberal talking points to give the appearance of being a leftist.
But now that Bill gave the hysterical Bigot Milo Yanniapolis a figurative tongue bath on his show is he now a full fledged Alt righter?
What say the alt right hillbillies of this?

The only thing 'alternate' in this post is TS's account

Atheists are now alt -righties??

Impressive troll job.
I don't think there's anything about being alt right that would exclude an atheist. White nationalism doesn't require a person be religious. A lot of them respect Christianity and don't necessarily believe in it but rather see it as an integral part of the Western tradition.

Last edited:
Back