is Badr Hari the greatest kickboxer of all time?

He beat Ray Sefo, Peter Aerts, Semmy Schilt, Alistair Overeem, Gokhan Saki, Errol Zimmerman, Ruslan Karaev, Stefan Leko, Hong-man Choi, Ismael Londt and many more.

All by KO or TKO.

He would've also beat Jerome Le Banner, Ernesto Hoost, Ramon Dekkers, Buakaw Banchamek and Mark Hunt if he had fought them.

The dude is a fucking beast. 107 wins, 92 by knockout and only 13 losses.

Is he the greatest kickboxer of all time?
who cares. in any real sport he would be dominated easy, like say MMA? or Boxing? he sucks and is an overrated forum hero.

I'm a newbie to Kickboxing but shouldn't Ramon Dekkers be above Badr Hari.

I'm a newbie to Kickboxing but shouldn't Ramon Dekkers be above Badr Hari.

The guy is a total legend, and someone call me out if my information is wrong here, but his greatness can be a bit overplayed. He was an incredible Kickboxer who helped bring Muay Thai to the west (a lot of people say he introduced a lot of Boxing techniques into Muay Thai when he fought in Thailand, but Thailand has raised a ton of Boxing world champions, so it makes no sense that a country that already has strong Boxing wouldn't think about incorporating it into Muay Thai until he came over). Despite what many would say about his career, he actually had a losing record against Thai fighters and he competed in Kickboxing before we really hit the golden era, so it can be tricky to compare him sometimes.

I think his greatest contributions lie outside of the ring. He helped popularize Dutch Kickboxing, coached a ton of great fighters and worked in one of the best Kickboxing gyms in the world (Golden Glory). I think his reputation is so big because of a combination of his coaching prowess and the misconceptions people had about his performances in Thailand. Doesn't mean he wasn't a great fighter, but personally, I wouldn't even put Ramon Dekkers in the top 10 pound-for-pound best Kickboxers (not that Badr Hari is, though).

PS: Really dig your AVI, I'm on another re-read of Vagabond at the moment and I still find myself incredibly impressed by the art and story writing; probably my favorite manga series.

Last edited:
The guy is a total legend, and someone call me out if my information is wrong here, but his greatness can be a bit overplayed. He was an incredible Kickboxer who helped bring Muay Thai to the west (a lot of people say he introduced a lot of Boxing techniques into Muay Thai when he fought in Thailand, but Thailand has raised a ton of Boxing world champions, so it makes no sense that a country that already has strong Boxing wouldn't think about incorporating it into Muay Thai until he came over). Despite what many would say about his career, he actually had a losing record against Thai fighters and he competed in Kickboxing before we really hit the golden era, so it can be tricky to compare him sometimes.

I think his greatest contributions lie outside of the ring. He helped popularize Dutch Kickboxing, coached a ton of great fighters and worked in one of the best Kickboxing gyms in the world (Golden Glory). I think his reputation is so big because of a combination of his coaching prowess and the misconceptions people had about his performances in Thailand. Doesn't mean he wasn't a great fighter, but personally, I wouldn't even put Ramon Dekkers in the top 10 pound-for-pound best Kickboxers (not that Badr Hari is, though).

PS: Really dig your AVI, I'm on another re-read of Vagabond at the moment and I still find myself incredibly impressed by the art and story writing; probably my favorite manga series.

Thanks, I really appreciate the info. Also I agree, Vagabond is definitely a good read.

Imo until be beats the champ Rico, he is not GOAT. I see Rico out pointing him.

Jerome Le Banner got knocked the fuck out by Ray Sefo, Mark Hunt, Ernesto Hoost and Peter Aerts + other dudes. He lost emberrassingly everytime he fought decent guys.

The only time he won was when he fought bums. I think Badr Hari would've won over him by TKO or some shit.
Lmfao, so hes awful beause he got KO'd by 4 guys, well genius 3/4 of those guys you named also got KNOCKED the FUCK OUT by Jerome too. Only one he didn't get back was because he only fought Sefo once, and you fail to mention all the OTHER great fighters he KO'd like Filho, Greco, Bernardo, Leko, etc. So using your own retarded logic, why dont those guys suck ass, and Jerome is the real deal? Crazy how Hunt lost 3/4 to someone who sucks

j0yb8o.jpg

10z2yyt.jpg

Right before Hunt quits on the stool:
JLBMH3.gif

Last edited:
he can beat Verhoeven 10 times and he will never be an "goat",he is born in the wrong era and he didnt have the quality to one,especially the chin

but then again,in a HW fight anything flush in the chin can and it all..

Rico is far from being one of the greats in HW Kickboxing, how would Badr beating him secure his place?

It's Hoost or Aerts, Hari is good but I wouldn't even take him over a prime Ignashov (when he's motivated and not a total lackluster).

It's Hoost or Aerts, Hari is good but I wouldn't even take him over a prime Ignashov (when he's motivated and not a total lackluster).

Agree, prime Ignashov is top 5 and much more complete than Hari. Too bad that he liked the booze better than the gym.

After Schilt, Hoost and Aerts. And even Daniel Ghiță was better than him. Samedov KOed him.

Jerome Le Banner got knocked the fuck out by Ray Sefo, Mark Hunt, Ernesto Hoost and Peter Aerts + other dudes. He lost emberrassingly everytime he fought decent guys.

The only time he won was when he fought bums. I think Badr Hari would've won over him by TKO or some shit.

You know absolutely nothing about kickboxing. Nothing. JLB beat every single kickboxer worth anything in K1, save Schilt, who he fought when he was well past his prime. Yeah, his chin wasn't that hot, but he was the hardest hitter combat sports have ever seen, and when coupled with his undeniable heart and skill, you get a Top 5 all-time great.

He lost embarrassibgly every time he faced decent competition? Tell that to Hoost, Aerts, Greco, Filho, Hunt, Spong, Choi, etc. You know nothing, Jon Snow.

You know absolutely nothing about kickboxing. Nothing. JLB beat every single kickboxer worth anything in K1, save Schilt, who he fought when he was well past his prime. Yeah, his chin wasn't that hot, but he was the hardest hitter combat sports have ever seen, and when coupled with his undeniable heart and skill, you get a Top 5 all-time great.

He lost embarrassibgly every time he faced decent competition? Tell that to Hoost, Aerts, Greco, Filho, Hunt, Spong, Choi, etc. You know nothing, Jon Snow.
his chin was badass for a HW when he was on his good days

He is top 5 all time. Schilt resume of accomplishment while not as violent is considered to have the best run by a HW kickboxer all time. His run on top was unusually long for a HW.

Lmfao, so hes awful beause he got KO'd by 4 guys, well genius 3/4 of those guys you named also got KNOCKED the FUCK OUT by Jerome too. Only one he didn't get back was because he only fought Sefo once, and you fail to mention all the OTHER great fighters he KO'd like Filho, Greco, Bernardo, Leko, etc. So using your own retarded logic, why dont those guys suck ass, and Jerome is the real deal? Crazy how Hunt lost 3/4 to someone who sucks

j0yb8o.jpg

10z2yyt.jpg

Right before Hunt quits on the stool:
JLBMH3.gif

Thank you and good night!

Back