is Badr Hari the greatest kickboxer of all time?

Aerts had his number. Hoost went 0-2 against Sapp. Semmy's resume speaks for itself.

Sapp at one point was actually very dangerous of course as we saw in MMA vs Nog, its only post Crocop that he became afraid to take punishment.

The Aerts who got the best of Semmy was well past his best physically, better than his dodgy years of the early 00's perhaps as he learned to adapt his style but not as good as his WGP winning days in the 90's.

I don't think Iggy ever really hit his true prime, mainly because, like you pointed out, he was an alcoholic, but going by his early K-1 performances, he would've slapped the brakes of Hari if he had.

He did slap the brakes off of Hari.

He knocked him out in 2003.

Ignashov knocked out Schilt too (only Ignashov and then later Hari did that in K-1).

Anyone remember how many Sherdoggers doubted CM Punk would even fight?

I wonder how many Sherdog posts they've put up since then.

Wasn't he training for over 2 years after signing?

Reem was 2-2 in kickboxing when he destroyed Hari. Hari had like 100 kickboxing fights at the time lol

Hari won the next fight by standing TKO.

Pure destruction > standing TKO.

The greatest of all time can't be getting destroyed and KO'd by a dude who was 2-2 lol

Its kickboxing. Shit happens.

Never forget that Hong Man Choi once beat Semmy Schilt..... and Bob Sapp beat Ernesto Hoost multiple times.

Yeah, those are two of the over 100 fights that he had...
maybe I should put up his three loses to Changpuek Kiatsongrit or will you just bring up well he beat Kiatsongrit to and I could just say oh that's just 1 in over 300 fights Kiatsongrit had.

Not to sound like an elitist prick but your join date indicates you're full of shit. Every title Semmy ever won was in a K-1 where the top fighters had already been in K-1 for a decade or more and were shop worn. The only guy who had his number was a guy who had been every K-1 finals there has ever been so comparing Aerts to a fucking clown like Sapp is fucked. The only other guy to challenge him had a fucking screw lose "Hari" and fucking took time off after he decide to curb stomp another downed fighter he was beating. Semmy showed up after Hoost was retired, when JLB was fucked from his arm injury, when Sefo didn't give a shit, after Iggy decided to drink his career away, when Hunt had became a journyman, and when Aerts was having somewhat of a career resurgence. The two fighters that should've been Semmy's hardest opponents Remy and Hari wasn't Remy became scared shitless of him and Hari was a fucking nutcase so you had Aerts left to deal with him having him above Aerts or Hoost is laughable.
Not sure whats "elite" about joining Sherdog earlier. You want some kind of medal for sherdog participation? A lifetime achievement award? A gold star next to your username which indicates you as being an expert? Congratulations, you joined an internet forum long before me. If I'm still posting here in 10 years something will have gone horribly wrong.

For sure Semmy dominated a weaker era (not sure what you mean by Hoost being retired before his run though, Ernesto retired after losing to Semmy), but dominate he did. He was the most consistent GP winner by far, despite a relatively short career, retired as the most accomplished. I can see someone giving Aerts the nod as HW GOAT for his longevity and wins against elites of the first K-1 HW generation, in their primes, but Semmy did about as well as could possibly be done in his time.

Last edited:
He did slap the brakes off of Hari.

He knocked him out in 2003.

Ignashov knocked out Schilt too (only Ignashov and then later Hari did that in K-1).
I meant a prime Hari. The match in Amsterdam was with a massive weight difference and a Hari who stepped in at the last moment as a replacement.

Q0kmV5.gif

I remember the commentators marking out big time when this happened. They were high fiving and shit. Tony SchiavelIo was all “Go Badr! Go Badr!”. It was hella unprofessional.

I dont think they viewed Ubereem as one of the K-1 boys and were pissed that he held that win over Hari. When Badr got revenge they soaked it in.

Schilt, or Hoost. Masato and Buakaw deserve mention.

Its kickboxing. Shit happens.

Never forget that Hong Man Choi once beat Semmy Schilt..... and Bob Sapp beat Ernesto Hoost multiple times.

Hong Man Choi was 8-1 when he fought Semmy. That fight was also a split decision and not pure destruction.

Sapp also wasn't tap quick for paycheck guy yet, he was a 28 year old 330lbs. ball of rage and Hoost was almost 40.

Hari got annihilated by a 2-2 guy he was talking a ton of shit about and said would be light work lol

Give me Hoost, Aerts or Schilt for the best ever. Arguments could be made for all three.

Why are there multiple Badr Hari threads in the heavies today, anyway?

Giorgio Petrosyan? Extremely talented and a defensive master
I guess because he's a little guy and he doesn't have a KO rate like Ristie, who beat him after a nice switch stance caught Giorgio off guard, that his name doesn't get thrown around the most, but the dude fought 91 kickboxing fights at some of the highest levels and only lost twice

Schilt obviously.

But I think Alexey Ignashov is the most talented kickboxer ever. Too bad he loved the vodka so much and never trained.

Yeah....because the best kickboxer is a guy who was 3 times bigger than anyone he faced....

The bias is unreal lol.

only one man won the championship 4 times..while being the same size as his opponents, not 3 times bigger.

That man is Ernesto Hoost.

Ernesto Hoost (99-21)

4 time K-1 World Champion (1997,1999,2000,2002)

Only man to beat the following 3 times:

Mirko Filipovic
Jerome LeBanner
Peter Aerts (4x)
Andy Hug
Maurice Smith
Ray Sefo
Stefan Leko

This.

Any other answer is pure and unadulterated bias.

Back