Is Art of Jiu Jitsu broken for everyone?

The site is fine but they let their SSL (security certificate) expire (looks like it expired this week) so your browser is just warning you that the site isn't secure.

So you can go into the website but you have to give your browser permission, since the site is currently not secured. If you pay them monthly for the website I would call them and insist that they update their SSL, since your credit card info is currently not encrypted and is vulnerable for hacking. Chrome lets you make an exception and go to the site anyways. Not sure about Firefox.

For what it's worth it's amateur hour for a website with that much traffic and storage of credit cards to not stay on top of updating that shit. An SSL costs like $100 per year and they email you multiple times when it's about to expire so you can renew it with plenty of time to spare.

If anyone with a subscription on AOJ reads this you should call or email them and tell them to pay their hundred bucks to update their security certificate ASAP because you don't want your card info stolen.

Last edited:
They screwed it up for me when they did the site redesign. I cancelled my membership because I found it so hard to navigate vs. the old site.

They screwed it up for me when they did the site redesign. I cancelled my membership because I found it so hard to navigate vs. the old site.
Same here. I did re join when I saw they were uploading a handful of Rafa rolling videos daily for a couple months and then suddenly they stopped entirely so then I quit the site again and haven't gone back.

So you can go into the website but you have to give your browser permission, since the site is currently not secured. If you pay them monthly for the website I would call them and insist that they update their SSL, since your credit card info is currently not encrypted and is vulnerable for hacking.
This is a bit of an exaggeration. An expired cert will still encrypt the traffic, it's bad practice because old ones might eventually be compromised or broken by improved technology. This is not likely to have happened in the two days since they let it lapse.

This is a bit of an exaggeration. An expired cert will still encrypt the traffic, it's bad practice because old ones might eventually be compromised or broken by improved technology. This is not likely to have happened in the two days since they let it lapse.
You're right. I don't think anyone is going to get their card info stolen but I work in that field and every year AOJ lets their SSL expire and I think I don't even use their website. But it's annoying that every year someone has to point out to them that they let it expire again. This happens every spring.

You're right. I don't think anyone is going to get their card info stolen but I work in that field and every year AOJ lets their SSL expire and I think I don't even use their website. But it's annoying that every year someone has to point out to them that they let it expire again. This happens every spring.
Oh yeah, your annoyance is completely justified, it's fucking bush league to let this kind of thing happen.

Back