Is Arlovski's power underrated?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
We seem to prefer the big guys like Ngannou, Lewis, Hunt, and Carwin when it comes to discussions about who hits the hardest, but AA is one of the few guys to KO Nelson and Rothwell. Is/was ArLOVEski one of the hardest hitting HWs?

If you can't do anything against 'disconnected' Mir, you can't have underrated power I guess.
JDHpAqw.gif

He was one of the hardest hitters but only when he had the confidence to let his hands go.

He had great hand speed for a HW, unfortunately he became very gunshy after all his KO losses.

When Arlovski goes into 'kill or be killed' mode there isn't a HW I'd rather watch fight.

If he had a better chin he'd be a HW GOAT contender imo.

Glass cannon best describes Arlovski.

He had great hand speed for a HW, unfortunately he became very gunshy after all his KO losses.

When Arlovski goes into 'kill or be killed' mode there isn't a HW I'd rather watch fight.

If he had a better chin he'd be a HW GOAT contender imo.

Everyone would benefit from a Hunt chin but I wouldn't that his chin was THAT bad, as you point out I think his biggest weakness was that he was a confidence fighter, a loss often became more than one loss when he gave a run of gunshy performances.

Post Fedor especially he should have looked to take a paycut to take 1-2 gimmie buildup fights.

His KO losses are always so spectacular that it's easy to understand why his overall skill and legacy are often underappreciated.

I've always been a big fan, his hand speed and movement were ahead of the HW game for years and, like @BKB92 said above when AA gets himself into "go mode" there are few guys more entertaining to watch. One of my dream hypothetical matchups was a CroCop/AA showdown in their primes, that shit would've been great.

Yes. His power is definitely underrated but it was his hand speed, acurracy and timing that made him so dangerous IMO. Look at these perfectly placed shots:

34dljmb.gif

arlovski_buentello_angle2.gif

dNq9w7G.gif

arlovski-sylvia23.gif

SFULCXU.gif

x3xv0p.jpg

mLwjol.gif

SlimMediumGalapagosmockingbird.gif

Tim_Sylvia_vs_Andrei_Arlovski_9.gif

Andrei%2BArlovski%2BKnockouts%2BAntonio%2BBigfoot%2BSilva%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B51%2BBrasilia.gif

I always thought so for that reason , one of the few who's knocked out Roy and Rothwell with punches. Only problem is he's gunshy at times and most people remember him for his glass chin instead.

He have legit 1 punch KO power but I think he is too afraid of getting KTFO so maybe his confidence is missing to pull those KO

I feel like his punching power has always been respected. I can't recall anyone criticizing him for weak punches. He just never took punishment as well as he could dish it out.

Still had a fantastic career though.

I think his chin is underrated it's just that his defense was lacking. He had a tendency to back straight up from attacks with his chin in the air & at heavyweight that spells doom.

A.A. is an all time great. One of the first heavyweights that showed big boys could move quickly and skillfully.

He has been knockin people out since the Clinton administration.

So if he is underrated, its only by people who aren't paying attention.

Yes. His power is definitely underrated but it was his hand speed, acurracy and timing that made him so dangerous IMO. Look at these perfectly placed shots:

34dljmb.gif

dNq9w7G.gif

arlovski-sylvia23.gif

SFULCXU.gif

x3xv0p.jpg

mLwjol.gif

Andrei%2BArlovski%2BKnockouts%2BAntonio%2BBigfoot%2BSilva%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B51%2BBrasilia.gif

34dljmb.gif

dNq9w7G.gif

arlovski-sylvia23.gif

SFULCXU.gif

x3xv0p.jpg

mLwjol.gif

Did they dieded?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back