Is Arizona Green Tea good for you?

worldwide**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I drink a lot of this stuff now as a replacement for soda...it says its got antioxidants and other good tea shit, but is it really good for you?

Well, looking at the nutrition label for green tea honey-ginseng on their website, one glass bottle has 3 servings.

One serving has 70 calories, coming almost exclusively from 17g of sugars, totaling 51g of sugars and 210 calories per glass bottle.

This isn't a good alternative to much of anything.

^And that sums it up very nicely. Same for most other "healthy" soda alternatives, whether they be teas, sports drinks, juices, etc...just because it doesn't fizz doesn't mean it is any better for you.

no. god no. it's garbage. some variants are more garbage than others, but it's all garbage.

drink water as a replacement for soda.

green_tea_bags_lipton.jpg
+
glass-water-kettle-1.jpg
=
tea-cup.png

Unsweetened Iced teas or diet iced teas are the way to go if you're buying something that's canned or bottled. The better (and cheaper solution) brew your own, I reccomend brewing it at double strength, chilling, and pouring over ice.

^Really, with the astounding variety of unsweetened or naturally sweetened no sugar/very low suagr beverages, many of which taste great and are actually nutritionally useful, there are AMPLE ways to enjoy canned/bottled beverages without shooting yourself in the dietary foot with soda, sports drinks, etc.

Honestly, I have trouble finding diet iced teas in a lot of convenience stores, and even more difficulty finding unsweetened iced tea. I stop by a fast food joint 2-3 times a week for ONLY an iced tea because it's the most reliable source for it when I'm on the go... of course I stop by a fast food joint 2-3 other times during the week too for more than an iced tea.

is there a downside to the diet green tea... curious because i drink a grip of that stuff...

I used to be hooked on that stuff but nowadays I just stick to water mixed with gatorade.

Back