Is anyone seriously excited about Jones-Gustafsson?

I’m stoked. Been waiting 5+ years for this rematch. Longest length for a rematch for a title in UFC history I reckon. This will end up being a trilogy once the dust settles.

not as much as the UFC wants me to be.

Gus on his best day still lost to Jones on his worse. Why would this time be different?

Best sports day of the yr imo. College ftball playoffs followed by stacked ufc ppv

Should be an interesting fight, both in and out of the cage. UFC 232: BJ Penn is going to be a great card all around.

So? His fight with Jones was FOTY and his fight with DC was one of the best of the year

Who cares if he loses? I'm here to watch good fights and this will probably deliver

A major part of the excitement usually is who will win... At least for me. I can watch far better fights historically than that one is likely to produce.

I haven't been giving it any thought to be honest, but once it approaches I will be very excited and intrigued to see what happens. It's a great fight, and will answer a lot of questions, including the big one: can Jones prove he can perform at the level has has until know, without pissing hot?

That he gets to answer this in a rematch against what was his most difficult opponent in a controversial decision, is basically ideal.

Really surprised by the reactions so far. The 1st fight was one of the most high level competitive fights ever. Can't wait for it, plus that card is fucking stacked.

I am excited...but as any fan (former fan?) of Jones, my psych to watch Jones fight has been tempered by constant let downs. Could be good though as I expect they are both bringing their A game.

giphy.gif

Solely to bathe in the butthurt after Jones wins.
I'm pretty sure people hate that whiney cunt Gus just as much as they do JJ so this is a terrible fight for gloating. You need a fighter other people like for that to be fun.

I'm really not, and here's why. There is no indication what so ever that Gustafssons first close fight with jones was anything but a fluke. He has lost every single big fight of his carreer. I also doubt he is anywhere near the fighter he was when fighting Jones (same is true of Jones, though). I really don't see an upset here in the making, and I frankly think Jones will win by routine.

Do you guys share my sentiments or are you actually excited about this shit?
Gus went to a 5rd split with both DC and JJ both fight of the year candidates. Both fights was violent and highly technical He took a lot of damage in those fights and didnt look right for a while. First in hes last showing agains Glover he looked sharp again, so offcourse Im hyped for the rematch knowing Gus is back in prime form and JJ destroying DC in hes last showing.
This is high level mma at its finest and its the perfect time for the re match.
So the first time JJ fights someone hes own size that uses footwork and range its a fluke? Imo it was a style match up whers the dynamic is stil in place for their second fight.

EDIT: JJ won a unanimous decision and it was NOT a split as I remembered... my bad, but still a damn close fight!

Last edited:
It was one of the best fights in MMA history

{<huh}

I'm really not, and here's why. There is no indication what so ever that Gustafssons first close fight with jones was anything but a fluke. He has lost every single big fight of his carreer. I also doubt he is anywhere near the fighter he was when fighting Jones (same is true of Jones, though). I really don't see an upset here in the making, and I frankly think Jones will win by routine.

Jones May pull a Jon Jones so really I’m not getting excited until the night of

Yes. I don't like that Jon is getting such an easy off. But I said from day 1 if he does get to fight again soon a gus rematch would be the only return match i'd be interested in. I want gus to get his second chance at jones. And I want Jones to have a super solid test to return on so he can't ease back into things.

I'm totally excited. It's not that hard. 1st fight still stands as one of the best ever. Same guys facing each other again = excited. Do you ever get excited for any fight?

I'm excited. Don't blink. Probably first PPV since GSP vs Bisping.

I’m sick of Jones and I’m tired of Gus. Will skip this one.

Back