Is anyone seriously excited about Jones-Gustafsson?

To be honest, I am not excited for this fight. I think I am just turned off by the whole Jon Jones steroids boner pills thing. I get he is a great fighter but the whole fake persona really rubs me the wrong way. I believe he will beat Gus pretty easily this time. Gus gives the top 3 a good fight but he doesn't have it.

To be honest, I am not excited for this fight. I think I am just turned off by the whole Jon Jones steroids boner pills thing. I get he is a great fighter but the whole fake persona really rubs me the wrong way. I believe he will beat Gus pretty easily this time. Gus gives the top 3 a good fight but he doesn't have it.

Well yeah. You can fight someone good enough put on a decent show, but I'm no way at the edge of my seat. I don't for a moment believe we will see a repeat of the last close encounter. All cred to Gus if he proves me wrong.

Great counter argument. Rumble pressures Gus towards the cage again and knocks him out every time. You need to be a great wrestler or better striker than Rumble to beat him. Gus is neither.
He would lose every single time to Rumble. Hes a horrible match up.

Cant wait.. Excited to see salty gus fans are Going to say against jones if jones beats him again

Great counter argument. Rumble pressures Gus towards the cage again and knocks him out every time. You need to be a great wrestler or better striker than Rumble to beat him. Gus is neither.
He’s a better striker....
Rumble has MASSIVE power.

That fight imo was a fluke.
But that’s what sucks about combat sports, rarely get to see fights happen 3+ times and that’s what is needed to see a clear picture

Not one fight

You guys know that boxers and kickboxers have lost in upsets or been close to, and just demolished those same "super dangerous" guys in the rematches? One match means nothing. It's the hole picture that counts.

giphy.gif

I know I should be excited. I just can't build myself up to care. Jones is such a sociopath that it's impossible to root for him, regardless of his talent. Gus has been so whiny since losing to Rumble, I've lost the ability to empathize with him as well. The fight might be great. I'll watch it, but, I'm pretty apathetic about the whole thing.

I'm more excited for the test results for this fight.

Yeah that was a perfectly timed headbutt by Rumble, high level striking on display no doubt

this is the fight of the year for me. been waiting for this rematch for years

I'm interested to see how Jones performs, post the positive tests, he looked like shit against OSP and the DC rematch (before the hail mary high kick).

I can’t wait. Gus is my no.1 MMA hero and I’m starting to get nervous about it already.

For all you that aren’t as invested, it has the potential to become a low expectation with a very high reward kind of fight. We might witness another classic.

Of course I am excited. Gus is the only one jones fights who has the same height and reach.

Gus beats rumble 9/10 most times.
Gus dropped DC and was doing well.

Gus is a very good fighter who, IMO, has the best shot at beating jones.

So yes, I am excited.
I agree with the guy above....if Jones does win he will lose when they test him after the fight!

Not me. Predictable easy fight for Jones. I don't see Gus winning. Jones by decision again or late tko this time around.

No, gus is boring as shit with his running the vwhole fight

Back