Is anyone seriously excited about Jones-Gustafsson?

Not sure how you can call yourself an mma fan and not be excited for this

Not until the bell rings. I don't get excited about any fights until I know for sure they are going to happen these days.

I am typically enthusiastic about watching an all time great do his thing

also, Gus will be there! neat!

Not sure how you can call yourself an mma fan and not be excited for this

Even worse, I'm a martial artist, so I actually understand it more than the lay person. Still hate this match-up. I'm just fed up with Jones. Jones-Lesnar would be more fun as a freak show.

Even worse, I'm a martial artist, so I actually understand it more than the lay person. Still hate this match-up. I'm just fed up with Jones. Jones-Lesnar would be more fun as a freak show.
Agreed about Jones Lesnar but Gus 2 needs to happen

Yeah, I'm kinda the same.

Number one, can't stand Juicehead Cheater. And there is no reason he won't be juiced to the tits again, and probably win handily.

Then the countdown to his umpteenth F-Up will commence.

Add.....Rinse.....Repeat.

this.

i don't know why people think Jones is going to be clean.

in my opinion he's been looking for a passable PED since being caught. people don't just quit PEDs, they find ways to beat the test.

I also feel the UFC is stuck in it's evolution. The level of striking has gotten better but it's been dead for a while, and not much new has come out of it.

Agreed about Jones Lesnar but Gus 2 needs to happen

It needed to happen years ago. Now it's like throwing in Ali with Foreman 5 years later. Nowhere near as exciting IMO. Especially not the way both fighters have been conducting their business, in different ways.

It needed to happen years ago. Now it's like throwing in Ali with Foreman 5 years later. Nowhere near as exciting IMO. Especially not the way both fighters have been conducting their business, in different ways.
Why hasn't Gus been fighting?

Seriously how is anyone not looking forward to this fight? Gus has a great chance at beating the ultimate fuck up of the sport and I think he will.

yeah totally, a 5 round fluke. a close as fuck fight that could have gone either way was a fluke. styles make fights, gus will always matchup extremely well with jones.

you're an idiot.

Of course people are excited. Are you trying to be a contrarian just for the fuck of it or what?

This fight is the whole package. Extremely entertaining and historically significant. Quit your whining if you have anything negative to say about this matchup.

I'm excited to see Jones smash Gustaffson into a Nick Diaz level crybaby retirement. Gustaffson has never notched an elite win in his career and he never will.

Of course people are excited. Are you trying to be a contrarian just for the fuck of it or what?

No, just pissed it's taking place so long afterwards, and in no way uncertain about the outcome these days. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

I'm really not, and here's why. There is no indication what so ever that Gustafssons first close fight with jones was anything but a fluke. He has lost every single big fight of his carreer. I also doubt he is anywhere near the fighter he was when fighting Jones (same is true of Jones, though). I really don't see an upset here in the making, and I frankly think Jones will win by routine.

Do you guys share my sentiments or are you actually excited about this shit?

You should be excited. This will be a great fight! Maybe one of the best fights ever.

Jon Jones in the greatest fighter that ever lived, but Alexander Gustafsson just might be his kryptonite.

Gustafsson presents a problem for Jon because of his size. Jon is blessed with a body that is almost perfect for fighting, and he knows how to use it. Gus has a similar body type. And he’s slightly taller than Jon, he just doesn’t have Jones’s incredible 84.5 inch reach(who does). But Gus is a better striker, who also has solid TDD.

When they first fought, Jon quickly learned that he couldn’t rely on simply wrestling him, if he ever got into trouble. So he was forced to stand for much of the fight. That is the reason why Jones almost lost that fight. He had trouble dictating where he wanted the fight to be. A problem he almost never has. Him not training(although it may be true), is just an excuse, and he knows it.

I never get excited for fights anymore until they're actually in the cage

Gus hasnt tested positive for steroids where as Jones has, twice. It's more interesting to see if he actually fights clean and if so, how well he does.

Gus has been inactive as well so it's really a mystery how this fight will go. I will definitely be excited come fight time and if you're truly a fan you will be too.
Jones has aced every test of his career.......while not fighting DC, that is. DC got dat boi shook AF. The more troubling matter is that he never pissed hot for the real stuff he was masking with and the stuff that Turinabol had tainted, which is likely micro dosed synthetic testosterone. So, don't hold your breath on him fighting clean or getting caught. He will just be more careful

It was one of the best fights of all time

Both men usually put on great fights

I can still enjoy a great fight even if I'm annoyed with the result
Stylistically I imagine a good fight again: Gus' length and anti wrestling will make things interesting. Jones also does not have Rumble power so the KO is unlikely, lest it comes from a kick or later in the fight. I see another five round war that is back and forth with Jones inevitably winning.

Back