Is anyone really trying to physically fight a Tyrranical U.S Government?

This is the confusing thing about liberals. They talk about how the US has been a evil force around the world. But the mention of the second amendment and it's all " tyrannical government is a right wing fantasy."
This is the confusing thing about conservatives. They talk about the need for small government to prevent tyranny, then they gobble the nuts of the military industrial complex and become furious when someone doesn't stand during the national anthem.

I've been to a Walmart. I know how ugly it can get....

13676016.jpg

I come from El Salvador. To me the whole people rising too fight the government is very real. I have uncles and cousins who did it!
I had a ex girlfriend who's uncle was murder by the army. They ran over him with a tank.
One of my uncle was taken by the army and we never found him.

Talking to my uncle that was in the early part of the war about the second amendment. He said he wish they had something like that in our country. There where no guns around. That's why guerrillas turn to Cuba/Soviet Union.

Also must of the people in my country at beginning of the war had no military or weapons experience. They had to be taught from scratch. The US has a large veteran population and large number of people that have weapons experience.

The size of the US is a big advantage also. El Salvador is a tiny country the size of Connecticut. After a few years the Army had to draft to raise their numbers. They had a hard time trying too maintain control outside the cities.

This is the confusing thing about conservatives. They talk about the need for small government to prevent tyranny, then they gobble the nuts of the military industrial complex and become furious when someone doesn't stand during the national anthem.

That's one of my disagreements with conservatives also. I honestly believe our military should be half of it's current size.
I'm a former Marine and I don't like how conservatives use the military too exploit for cheap patriotism. Especially when so many have never serve themselves. Example Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.

Those countries would have a difficult time getting anything past our Navy and air force.

I don't believe they would be able to sustain a longer-term insurrection the way we can and the us military would retaliate with full force.
You really believe every person in the military would do as they're told in a situation like that? Many would bail with the quickness. They would have to bring in outside forces.

You really believe every person in the military would do as they're told in a situation like that? Many would bail with the quickness. They would have to bring in outside forces.

I really believe more than 75% of the country including the majority of the military will side with the status quo and will do what is necessary to preserve our Union like the last time, up to and including going scorched earth on all you rebels.

I really believe more than 75% of the country including the majority of the military will side with the status quo and will do what is necessary to preserve our Union like the last time, up to and including going scorched earth on all you rebels.
<Dany07>

I really hope this is a metaphorical point people are making.

Or just tough guy talk with no actual basis in fact.

I understand defeating the government through voting, through voting with your wallet and donating to groups and lobbies that share your interests.

But in the 21st century in a first world country do rational adults who have never fought In their lives fantasize about fighting the greatest military presence in human history, in their own home where they’re children live?

It reminds of crazy people like Timothy Mcveigh, the Oklahoma City Bomber.
Thats the reality of blowing up a federal building and killing innocent people.

LOL fighting tyranny, or any enemy for that matter, physically has occurred before. Gandhi's and MLK's approach is a brand new thing. Its happening right now. Look at Syria. I am not saying I will, but I will not say it is past any people to do such a thing.

I really hope this is a metaphorical point people are making.

Or just tough guy talk with no actual basis in fact.

I understand defeating the government through voting, through voting with your wallet and donating to groups and lobbies that share your interests.

But in the 21st century in a first world country do rational adults who have never fought In their lives fantasize about fighting the greatest military presence in human history, in their own home where they’re children live?

It reminds of crazy people like Timothy Mcveigh, the Oklahoma City Bomber.
Thats the reality of blowing up a federal building and killing innocent people.

So you call it a tyrranical government, and then ask if people fantasize about overthrowing it.

If voting could change things, it wouldn't be a tyrranical government.

Dude. I was told on here that Bubba bumbfuck and friends with their ARs can take on the military because they know guys with machine shops and shit.

Because half the country rebelling really helped topple Syria’s government...

If Assad can remain in power you can bet the united states government with the military behind it could control it’s people. It might take hellacious city fighting like in Aleppo but tanks (and full air superiority) defeat randoms with ak’s....

Do people who mock the "tyrannical government" argument really, really believe that in such a clash, the United States government would legitimately wage all-out war on its citizenry?

Honestly, if your argument against your second amendment or resisting tyranny is some variation of "you can't take out an Apache with you AR-15" then you're probably too stupid to be involved in the discussion in the first place.

If Assad can remain in power you can bet the united states government with the military behind it could control it’s people. It might take hellacious city fighting like in Aleppo but tanks (and full air superiority) defeat randoms with ak’s....

Assad probably has as much if not more popular support than any Western leader.

Timothy McVeigh did pretty well. One guy blew up an entire building. An army of him would have destroyed the government.

People can’t defeat the military but it’s very hard for authorities to bust into homes of armed citizens. The second amendment serves a defensive purpose.
Trust me. If it came to the point where the government wants to get into your home.
They will get into your home and a gun isn't going to do anything to stop them

Really for that matter what if everyone of that "nutter right" mentality suddenly decided to say "fuck your votes and rights" and just started rampaging, you know like Antifa but with guns, what then? Do you expect your overstretched and likely outgunned local and state police to come rushing in a put it all down before anyone gets hurt? Miltary? What if half of them sided with the wackadoo's and the military was busy fighting it's own little internal war?

The possibility of a decently armed populous potentially backed by either a sympathetic military or one neutralized by internal sympathies for such rebels/insurgents is the only thing that would keep it from happening unless social norms suddenly shifted and enough of the populous got behind the ideal of big brother.

This quote pretty much answers why that just simply wouldn't happen

But the OP wasn't about the NRA's platform specifically. It was about the broader question of if/how these people could possibly envision fighting the U.S. government. And, as you recognize, they will need some firearms. I have no idea how to plan or organize or manage some kind of guerrilla insurgency but privately owned weapons will certainly be instrumental, if only for personal protection against arrest.

Yes, all armies need hand weapons, even if they have tanks, aircraft and nukes.

Assad almost fell, the rebels had a good fighting chance, in other places it worked. The rebels are also a bunch of illiterate, fanatical, inbred idiots that spent more time infighting than fighting Assad.

Do people who mock the "tyrannical government" argument really, really believe that in such a clash, the United States government would legitimately wage all-out war on its citizenry?

Honestly, if your argument against your second amendment or resisting tyranny is some variation of "you can't take out an Apache with you AR-15" then you're probably too stupid to be involved in the discussion in the first place.

Pretty much this. I'm not saying any current militia has any chance or reason to topple the US government, but if there was really a tyrannical government and a civil war, it wouldn't be about a bunch of guys with AR-15s taking down Apaches.
It would certainly involve discontent among the government and the military too. So there would be ample opportunities for the rebels to take control of military hardware. As happened in Syria, for that matter. Having guns would be helpful in that situation.
Although you can also fight without private ownership of guns, you can smuggle them, use homemade bombs and other tactics.

Most of you must be somewhat familiar with the Turner Diaries, it's not realistic in the sense that the Organization was improbably well organized and resilient, but it shows a blueprint of a revolution. The terrorists didn't grab their weapons and fight a pitched battle against the US government. They went around assassinating and sabotaging in order to draw a harsher response from the US government that would alienate the citizenry, including people in the military.
As people got disillusioned with the US government (the system) harsh measures like allowing random home searches of people suspected of collaborating with the Organization, some people in the military decided to betray the System and give control of a nuke to the Organization. They threw the nuke against Russia, resulting in massive retaliation that wiped out most of the System. Culminating in worldwide genocide, the destruction of the world and its rebirth.

Back