Is anyone else not interested in GSP vs Khabib?

I am a big fan of both fighters but Khabib needs to defend against the legit challengers at LW and GSP should not be gifted yet another title shot in a weight class that he has no wins in.

If the UFC added a 165 lbs weight class then this would be a great fight to crown the inaugural champion if Khabib would vacate the 155 lbs title. But ideally they should conduct a tournament to determine the first champ in a new weight class.

Last edited:
Why is 155 lbs even part of the equation? It's an extremely unnatural weight for them and they both would probably miss it anyways. Would much rather see GSP fight Woodley, but if they insisted on GSP vs Khabib it should be fought at 165 lbs or WW.

Jeez this thread was an expression of how I am most certainly not clamouring for this fight.

GSP going down to 155 and winning the belt would do more for his legacy than beating the top MWs. That said, I agree that GSP should've defended or should be lined up to fight the winner of Whittaker and Romero.

You know he agreed to fight Whitaker before he got ass aids and lost over 15lbs right??!!??

Seriously. Calling out guys two weight classes beneath your last fight and saying theyre legacy fights is fucking hilarious. Fight 170 or above against top guys or fuck off.

do u understand that khabib walks around at a higher weight than gsp? they are the same height as well.

I'm only not that into it because I'd so much rather see Khabib vs Conor next instead. That's what's been building for a long time now, especially after the bus incident.

Khabib is one of my favorite fighters...

But holy fuck. It's bad enough he gets ramadan off every year. Everyone's will to copy Diaz or Conor with "superfights" is ruining the sport. I get it, this is prize fighting. Everyone wants more money.

So call out someone who's a celebrity that only fights for an annual sponsorship check. What's the point of having weight classes or titles? What's the point of calling it a sport?

As boring as this fight has the potential to be, It's a fight that just needs to happen. Whether we enjoy it or not the results need to be shown no matter what.

Back