Is anti-European bigotry to blame for Stipe's lack of recognition ?

So then are you saying that if China had 'discovered' the primitive Germanic tribes while the Chinese were already writing and reading, and if they had destroyed the German population - you would consider Chinese offspring in Germany today as ethnic to Germany ?

If if if...
There's only one reality bro.
Come back to it.

.. and no.. little chinese guys would not be able to defeat the Germans.

He's 100% American, born and raised in Ohio. He's a fire fighter. He's good looking. He's crazy into Cleveland sports. He's the HW UFC champ.

The fact he loves his Croatian heritage, speaks Croatian, and has a typical Croatian name is why he is not a bigger name in terms of marketing here in the US - and that is wrong.

Names like Jon Jones, Chris Weidman, Chuck Liddell, are NOT American names. True American names are Achak, Lallo, or the likes - you know, Native American names.

The last paragraph made me laugh. Good job TS.

Yeah, I'm automatically against everyone who's from Cleveland, Europe.

It's stupid to consider only Indian Americans Americans.

The people who brought civilization to the USA are Europeans.

America would have never been great if not for them.

They are the Native Americans.

but America isn't great though

So then are you saying that if China had 'discovered' the primitive Germanic tribes while the Chinese were already writing and reading, and if they had destroyed the German population - you would consider Chinese offspring in Germany today as ethnic to Germany ?
probably...

He's 100% American, born and raised in Ohio. He's a fire fighter. He's good looking. He's crazy into Cleveland sports. He's the HW UFC champ.

The fact he loves his Croatian heritage, speaks Croatian, and has a typical Croatian name is why he is not a bigger name in terms of marketing here in the US - and that is wrong.

Names like Jon Jones, Chris Weidman, Chuck Liddell, are NOT American names. True American names are Achak, Lallo, or the likes - you know, Native American names.
No

it is that he is a good guy, who like you write has a work in a community (paid by the tax payers (or tax rob victims) where he now is very famous. If Stipe started doing a Nate Diaz or Conor act by talkin shit and behaving badly in media to sell fights he could lose his work as fire fighter.

Despite not talking shit he is not boring as a fighter outside of the ring, just watch embedded episodes.

It's stupid to consider only Indian Americans Americans.

The people who brought civilization to the USA are Europeans.

America would have never been great if not for them.

They are the Native Americans.
There were already civilizations in the Americas prior to the arrival of Europeans.

No one appeared suddenly out of thin air to occupy a land. All people have fought to take or keep what they have. Interesting that warrior cultures are so revered unless they actually win a war.

There have been plenty of high level Eastern European athletes in American sports.
Tony Kukoc, Vlade Divac, Rob Gronkowski, Bill Romanowski, Steve Wisniewski, Bart Palaszewski, and too many hockey players to name.

I don't think this is an issue.

Stipe would be much more popular right now if he had fought more than once in 2017. Pretty sure if his contract gets ironed out he'll get a promotional push.

His Croatian-ness has nothing to do with it. Given that Conor is the biggest star in combat sports right now, anti-European bigotry isn't a good argument.

I'm not the one complaining. If this country is not great for you, I understand, now go find one that is.... but here is what you have to admit, it might not be "great" to a punk like you but it is the greatest country on Earth.

Edit - there are a lot of countries where, if you said "make me", they probably would or kill you. Whichever comes first.

Back