Is anti-European bigotry to blame for Stipe's lack of recognition ?

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's 100% American, born and raised in Ohio. He's a fire fighter. He's good looking. He's crazy into Cleveland sports. He's the HW UFC champ.

The fact he loves his Croatian heritage, speaks Croatian, and has a typical Croatian name is why he is not a bigger name in terms of marketing here in the US - and that is wrong.

Names like Jon Jones, Chris Weidman, Chuck Liddell, are NOT American names. True American names are Achak, Lallo, or the likes - you know, Native American names.

Bias against "basic" fighting is to blame.

The basics are the best, that's why they are the basics.

I'm a straight guy, confident in my sexuality. Stipe is a handsome man. The fact you find it gross probably means you're projecting your own gay inclinations which are obviously closeted at this time.

a0143bb47cc4b099616a3d8b804921f3f31c46deed573611283bfe5db161571b.jpg

I don't think so.

IMO CroCop would have been a fan favorite in the UFC if he had been able to perform as he did in Pride.

The left high kick and the liver kicks were such sights to see. Meanwhile, Stipe is mainly a puncher.

Also, CroCop had that tough guy persona, while Stipe has a nice guy persona. Maybe that's part of it.

It's more that...

He's as boring as a sack of potatoes

Find him handsome doesn't make me gay !
And it shouldn't bro,

Fuck whatever you like, man, woman, dog, cat - we're fucking animals.

Can't expect Sherbros to obey the laws of common decency

He's 100% American, born and raised in Ohio. He's a fire fighter. He's good looking. He's crazy into Cleveland sports. He's the HW UFC champ.

The fact he loves his Croatian heritage, speaks Croatian, and has a typical Croatian name is why he is not a bigger name in terms of marketing here in the US - and that is wrong.

Names like Jon Jones, Chris Weidman, Chuck Liddell, are NOT American names. True American names are Achak, Lallo, or the likes - you know, Native American names.

It's stupid to consider only Indian Americans Americans.

The people who brought civilization to the USA are Europeans.

America would have never been great if not for them.

They are the Native Americans.

Perhaps it's the part time feel. Like you said, he has a full time job and seems like after each fight he wants a break. And just the HWT class is in decline. Best guys are older now, not enough big young names

I wouldn't consider him handsome, his face is very caveman-y and lumpy. :confused:

I think it's because no one can understand what the fuck he's saying. He's a goofball and he just doesn't have that aura people expect from a HW champion.

It's stupid to consider only Indian Americans Americans.

The people who brought civilization to the USA are Europeans.

America would have never been great if not for them.

They are the Native Americans.

So then are you saying that if China had 'discovered' the primitive Germanic tribes while the Chinese were already writing and reading, and if they had destroyed the German population - you would consider Chinese offspring in Germany today as ethnic to Germany ?

I don't think that's it. I think it's because he seems like he's kind of a redneck.

It would bother me too if it were true, but last I checked McGregor is from Europe and he's somewhat popular. I like Stipe, but for others I think it's a fighting style/personality thing.

IMG_6247.JPG

He's just too plain as a human being, he's coming after almost cartoonesque HW fighters like Brock, Overeem, Hunt, Big Country, Struve, Mir... or legends like Big Nog, Fedor, Randy Couture... Cain, Werdum and Cigano all had their share of big fights with big names before becoming champion

Stipe just went under the radar and then boom! he's the champ

Also, he's in the shadow of the McGregor era

lol Stipe is to blame for Stipe's lack of recognition.

Stipe used to be underappreciated due to his perceived lack of power, but he's fixed that on his current winning streak. I feel like if he defends the title one more time, his drawing power will skyrocket because at that point he'll have broken the HW title defense record and he'll officially be in the GOAT HW discussion.

Back