Is Anthony Joshua really the next big thing

Your entire post doesn't add up...you are now comparing lighter weight classes when the topic is a natural Super Heavy Weight...Joshua started his career at 230 and it only lasted a few fights he was 240 in his 3rd fight so you really are just jumping wherever you wish. A smaller faster HW is not more effective today just watch Haye vs Wlad, or anyone really under 220. Holyfield weighed 217 when he defeated Bowe..his other two losses is when he was faster at a lighter weight....myth exposed right there. Joshua 6'6!

Speaking of the Bowe/Holyfield trilogy, Bowe looked one hell of a lot better at 235 pounds than 246 pounds.

The laws of physics apply to everybody, not just lighter weight classes.

You bulk up, you slow down. You gain weight, you lose stamina. These are general rules that apply to most human beings.
The laws of physics say a 6'6 guy will do just fine at 250.....you are simply using irrelevant guys under 200 who are not naturally big guys to make an argument because they were slower at over there natural weight...nonsense. As ive pointed out theres a reason Hw's are over 230 today.

Speaking of the Bowe/Holyfield trilogy, Bowe looked one hell of a lot better at 235 pounds than 246 pounds.
Well Bowe was a slim lean 230 pounder once, he didn't have the work ethic to be a overly heavier heavy weight and put on quality weight in the long run, this is obvious. Bowe defeated Holyfield at 240 pounds where Holyfield was below 215 the third fight which shows the advantage a bigger Hw has over speed .Joshua certainly not remotely un athletic body type compared to Bowe. Bowe wasn't all that naturally big himself initially even in the amatuers.

Last edited:
No, they don't.

Big guys have natural weights too.
And Joshuas is the 240 mark obviously so I don't know what you are tryingg to accomplish here? The simple fact is ALL sports dominant athletes became or had the size advantage most of the time. Swimmers used to be 6'0 on average they are now 6'4....Basketball players were about 6'2 in the 70's they are now 6'7 on average.... As usual you want the last word but really your point here is out of whack. Joshua being the athletic specimen he is can carry 250 easily, i guess you just don't get it!

And Joshuas is the 240 mark obviously so I don't know what you are tryingg to accomplish here?

Is it obviously that?

The simple fact is ALL sports dominant athletes became or had the size advantage most of the time.

lol 60% of the time it works every time.

Joshua being the athletic specimen he is can carry 250 easily, i guess you just don't get it!

Maybe he can, maybe he can't. But he looks stiff, and his stamina was nothing to write home about against Whyte. So like I said, in my opinion he should stop adding weight and get to a spot he's more fluid.

Last edited:
Is it obviously that?

lol 60% of the time it works every time.

Maybe he can, maybe he can't. But he looks stiff, and his stamina was nothing to write home about against Whyte. So like I said, in my opinion he should stop adding weight and get to a spot he's more fluid.
You don't go from doing mainly one rounders ,and never going past 3 rnds to all of a sudden going to 7 and looking good in the stamina dept.Though not sure where you saw him looking bad,he was doing fine the entire fight in regards to keeping up decent pace in 7 rnds. Alittle winded is to be expected........boxing 101...has nothing to do with being over 230...ridiculous. Hes fine at 240 plus, stamina comes with experience with having afew long distance fights...this is why Tyson carried Tillis.

It would eventually happen to him the need to do more rounds which is why he self admits trying not to k.o his opponents fast but in most cases it happens anyway. but then again he states he wants to end fights as early as possible so I don't know where his mind set is when he steps in there ,I believe he just wants to end fights quickly and not many guys are going to take the punches Whyte did for 7 rounds. add in to that he will be better his next fight with knowing pacing better and you have a legit problem in fighting someone like him.

Last edited:
Joshua's stamina was a positive in the Whyte fight, definitely.

He looked a bit faded after a couple of rounds but he come out of the blocks like Tyson and had already threw more power punches in those two rounds than most heavies do in 12. No one that size can fight like that for 12 rounds, we all know that. 10-20 pounds isn't changing that.

Once he had settled down his stamina looked great, he was getting stronger as the fight went on and maintained his speed, power and punch resistance all the way.

Not to mention he was getting hit with some vicious body shots from a guy nicknamed the body snatcher.

Time will tell.. He is an incredible athlete and he had the backing of the Olympic Medal earning machine called "GB boxing" who seem to do it right in the scientific area.. weight management, S&C, nutrition.. I don't doubt he has continued to work and train very smart. Just watch his training clips on Insta, facebook etc, he does a lot of speed-work and conditioning. People don't realise he is a big guy, and he has a style like Klitschko, only with more knockout power.

I watched his fight vs white and he seems to robotic, too bulky . I know sky sports are so far upnhis backside their coming out his eyeballs but I honestly don't think he's as good as people make out, someone awkward like fury IMO will beat him and once he gets a top 5 opponent maybe he will be a bit more exposed
No doubt, your on the money. Joshua just doesn't have the resume yet to be getting all the hype. They are desperate for a great black hope.

I think klishkco (spelling) jabs his way to victory with ease

Time will tell.. He is an incredible athlete and he had the backing of the Olympic Medal earning machine called "GB boxing" who seem to do it right in the scientific area.. weight management, S&C, nutrition.. I don't doubt he has continued to work and train very smart. Just watch his training clips on Insta, facebook etc, he does a lot of speed-work and conditioning. People don't realise he is a big guy, and he has a style like Klitschko, only with more knockout power.
It hasn't been proven that he has greater knockout power than Klitchko. Klitchko has one of the most powerful right hands of all time and his resume proves it. When Joshua starts knocking out higher ranking opponents, then you can make that statement.

Everybody is capable of putting on too much weight for their frame, even a guy who is 6'6.

Holyfield is a good example of a guy who was notably slower when he gained weight. Cruiserweight Holyfield was more fluid than bulked-up 220 pound Holyfield.

Likewise, I believe 230 pound Joshua would be more fluid and have more stamina than 250 pound Joshua.

Just my opinion, based on other fighters I've seen in the past. Heavier is not automatically better, it needs to be sensual weight.

Senri?

Back