Is anger an advantage or disadvantage?

Is anger an advantage or disadvantage?

• Total voters

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It seemed like No Love was "gotten to" leading up to the fight with Cruz but performed very well.

Is he the exception to this rule?

Stoic calm is one of the best qualities you can have in the fight game, just look at Fedor, Jon Jones, Platinum Mike etc

You can be angry but mentally strong. Not too many people can pull that off.

Anger can motivate you, but it can also make you fight recklessly.

Disadvantage

It fucks with your calculations & makes you sloppy

i dunno. nick diaz has seemed to have fought well when he's angry in fights.

Ronda Rousey always seemed to need a beef to hate you so she could fight you, until Holly pushed her sh!t in.

tumblr_mfuscaa0tq1qcxtm5o4_250.gif

It makes you stronger, gives you focus.

Or blind you...

89854e76c4108c8d756d6aa843e101e7.gif

50/50

Depends on the fighter
Can work to your advantage or disadvantage

You need a 3rd choice of both.

All emotions make excellent slaves but terrible masters.
They're the fuel not the decision maker.

This isn't something that can be answered with a yes/no answer.

Anger or rage makes us stronger, faster, more alert, more energetic but for how long? And what is the motive behind it?

Going into a blind rage for one minute can make a normally not so dangerous person extremely dangerous and strong but they will be exhausted shortly after so not good for sports right? Not quite.

I always look at Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir at UFC 100 for something like this and Lesnar seemed in rage mode from the moment the music hit and he used that anger to ruin Mir even after the fight he couldn't contain it and was still raging.

On the other side docile calm fighters like BJ Penn or Gegard Mousasi can be dominated and worked because they just seem flat sometimes.

Rashad Evans said it best when he said you need to want to hurt the opponent, there has to be a certain level of aggression otherwise you can't pump the adrenaline.

I'd say it's about finding the balance of the intent to do harm to that person but the calmness and relaxation to wait for the opportunity or create it then to burst.

Disadvantage, ask guys that use/used it- Diaz, McGregor, Muhammad Ali, ect taunt till angry and watch out for hay makers and telegraphed punches

Advantage.

I've never lost a fight while I'm angry.

Common...its a disadvantage. This is a sport at the end of the day.You go in and implement a game plan that does not compromise your goal at the end of 15 minutes.
Beyond simple

Back